52: Hero Up In Smoke

3rd person pov:

Kasui goes to his home room class where best jeanist is teaching hero law. On his first day, whispers spout around him like every year. Only this time, his teacher keeps glaring at him.

With a heavy sigh kasui slams his textbook onto his desk and stands up.

Kas:"If you got something to say then say it to my  face! The rumors have followed me for years now. I know my father didn't kill anyone. So please be creative and come up with new stories. Make this year interesting. Cure my boredom."

Kasui grabs his things and leaves the class to go up on the roof. That's where he meets a lower class men. It's his first year at ua and he's too nervous to talk. As kasui Flys around the roof and does tricks up in the sky. The other student watches in aww.

When kasui lands. The other student offers him a cigarette.

"Nice moves you got there. Here, this'll help take the edge off."

Kas:"No thanks. My father doesn't like the smell of smoke, and I'd rather not to thrown into the bathroom with an entire box of bared soap."

"Is that so? Well if you change your mind. You know where to find me. The names kaname tokoyami."

Kas:"Nice quirk tokoyami. Shadow frog is very edgy. My poppa would've loved to have met you."

Toko:"Sorry for your loss."

Kasui offers a hand out for the cigarette. As the subject is stressful for him.

Kas:"He isn't dead. Dad told me that he ran off. Abandoning us. The loss broke my dad. So now we live paycheck to paycheck. He over works himself to take care of me. So I try to not burden him. That's why I'm going to be a pro hero. Maybe one day I'll find poppa and ask him why he left."

Kasui takes a hit and doesn't caught.

Toko:"Smoked before?"

Kas:"Yeah, though I try to shower before heading home to wash the smell off."

It's at that moment that Hawks Flys in and lands on the roof.

Haw:"Hey buddy, you forgot your lunch. So I wanted to- are you smoking?"

Kasui is startled as his father takes it from him and stomps it out.

Haw:"You know how I feel about that smell. You know your poppa picked up smoking before he left."

Hawks gets lost in the memory.

As dabi starts to walk passed him. Hawks uses his hand to pin dabi to the wall. While also covering his mouth. Then Hawks uses his feathers to stop his struggling. After that, Hawks then lights up another cigarette. Putting both up his nose so that dabi can't breathe.

Just as dabi grows weak and is about to pass out. Hawks pulls out the cigarettes and burns both of Dabi's nipples before letting him go.

Kas:"Dad, DAD!"

Hawks stops crying and hugs kasui.

Haw:"I just want what's best for you."

Kas:"I know dad. I'm sorry."

Hawks hands over the bento box before leaving.

Once gone, kasui huffy.

Kas:"Damn him and the tracker. He always knows where I'm at."

Toko:"You don't find that suspicious at all?"

Kas:"I'm the only family he has left. So, not really."

Jeanist:"You should. If I were you. I'd look into both of your father's pasts. Put the pieces together yourself. Don't this of any of it as rumors. Only see the truth behind your own memories. Only you can find what's real and what isn't."

Best jeanist hands kasui a thumb drive and walks back to the classroom. That's when kasui throws the thumb drive off the roof and walks back in. However it never hits the ground. As tokoyami catches it with his tongue.