51: Break Up

3rd person pov:

Hawks glares down and sees the anger flailing off Dabi's haze. So Hawks pulls away and zips his fly.

Dabi:"Did you kill him?"

Hawks stands up to walk away.  So dabi grabs his wrist.

Dabi:"Answer me!"

Dabi stands up and hawks pulls his wrist out of Dabi's grasp.

Haw:"We'll talk after dinner. "

Dabi:"You did. You son of a BITCH!"

Dabi pushes Hawks out of his way to leave the room, but before dabi can open the door. Hawks puts his wing out to block his path.

Haw:"Before you walk out of this room. I want you to calm down. That way, you won't stress out kasui."

Dabi:"Oh now you care? Last time I checked. You were trying to kill him at one point in time."

Dabi gets in Hawks face and pokes his chest.

Dabi:"After dinner. I'm packing up, and kasui is leaving with me."

As dabi turns his back to Hawks. The bird hero's eyes shine in the shadow his body gives.

Haw:"You're not going anywhere. "

An arm wraps around Dabi's neck. Gripping it tight and cutting both air and blood to his brain.

Dabi pulls and kicks, but only passes out faster. After a few minutes. Hawks leaves the office and locks the door behind him.

Haw:"Kasui! Let's go get dinner!"

Kasui walks out of his room.

Kas:"What about popa?"

Haw:"He's resting. So it'll just be us today. This day always bums him out. So let's go out to give him some alone time."

As they take flight to leave. Dabi is in the closet of the office bound with chain and gagged and packing tape. Unconscious and at Hawks mercy when they return.

Hours pass before dabi wakes up in the attic room. On the walls and floor are mats for sound proofing. His arms chained to the ceiling and legs bound with bent knees. The chain that's on his wrists are on a pulls. Hawks sits across the room with a cigarette in hand.

Haw:"I can't believe you stressed me out enough to start smoking again.  You know I don't like it when you threaten to leave me. You need to make it up to me."

Hawks pulls to lift dabi up to eye level. Causing dabi to whimper in pain. As all of his weight is on his wrists.

Hawks rips off the tape.

Dabi:"Fuck you. We had a deal and you broke your end first."

Hawks slaps dabi and grasps his chin to force eye contact.

Haw:"if you insist on leaving me. Then you leave me no other choice."

Hawks drops dabi. Making a loud thud that a sleeping kasui hears.

He opens his eyes and is so tired that he sits up with heavy eyelids.

Hawks begins to cry as dabi stands up now free of all bindings. As dabi walks away. Hawks mutters to himself.

Haw:"I'm sorry it came to this."

Hawks fists tighten before another very loud thud. One louder than the last.

When kasui finally opens the door to look out. He sees Hawks wiping tears away.

Kasui hugs Hawks.

Kas:"What's wrong daddy?"

Haw:"Your poppa left us, and he isn't coming back. We got into a fight, and now... I'm so sorry!"

Hawks bends down and hugs kasui tight as he blames himself.

That night changed everything for them both. That was fourteen years ago, and kasui is in his final year at UA to become a hero.

After dabi left. Times were tough. Hawks didn't have a lot of money, as his job suffered from his broken heart. So they moved back to Hawks city apartment that he still owned and moved out of the country house. Hoping that Hawks would regain his number two status and regain lost income to get kasui a better future.

Hawks seemed like an overprotective parent, but kasui thinks it's normal since he's the only family Hawks has left. Only things aren't what they seem. A dark shadow will soon close in on the happy family. Shattering everything kasui knows.