Who Makes Him Human

Start from the beginning

Tyler cried out. "No!"

Klaus relaxed his shoulders eyeing his hybrid. "Now, that was definitely worth the calories."

"Caroline, oh my god." I scrambled over to her ditching the bag seeing the bite on her neck but I couldn't do anything before Tyler came over and vamped her onto the other side of the barrier.

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God..." Caroline was all in a panic on the couch away from us.

Tyler grabbed her shoulders to calm her down. "Hey, hey. Look at me. Look at me."

"I can try to fix this." Jacob offered rushing over to the blonde.

Caroline pointed back at us where I lifted my head up to my boyfriend not believing that he just hurt her. "How? The only thing that can heal me is his blood. Oh my god..."

"I know. I'll fix it." He looks at Klaus. "She'll die if you don't heal her."

Klaus bites into his wrist glancing down at me briefly. "Okay. Beg me to save her life."

Tyler said. "Is this what you want? To remind me that I'm powerless against you? Fine. You win. I'm nothing. Now, save her. Please."

Klaus tilted his head to the side. "I'm sorry, mate. I didn't quite catch that."

Tyler dropped his shoulders sighing. "Please. Please. Please save her life."

"See, now I think you're just telling me what I want to hear. I mean, you did call me pathetic earlier. And wouldn't it be more pathetic of me to help now, knowing that hours ago, you announced your plan to kill me in a manner in which you're still debating because you want it to have a certain amount of flair?" Klaus raised his tone at the teenager finding that he wouldn't be satisfied because he would never find the way to kill him that he enjoyed.

"Get me out of here." She hugged her knees to her chest before they left, leaving Jacob with us.

My twin brother came back over to the barrier pressing his hand against it for a longer period yet again he drew it back seeing that it still burned and there was no difference. "I don't understand how she did it. Almost everything supernatural can be siphoned. She tied it down to something pretty powerful. I just don't know what."

"It's okay, J. Once they find the cure. We will be out of this town in no time." I responded by picking up the blood bag slowly drinking in front of him where he made a face for a minute so I paused. "Hey didn't you say you wanted to see New Orleans one day. Now you can and that happens to be Klaus's favorite place."

He smiled, eyeing the hybrid before I put my blood bag down walking over to the father of my babies. "That would be so cool, Rae."

"Raelyn, I'm sorry but he needed to be taught a lesson." I cut him off.

"So you decided to not consider my feelings about it. Look believe it or not now that I have my humanity back on I do feel sorry about hurting his mother. Yet I still want to hurt him for what he did to me. But I never would have injured Caroline!" I raised my voice at him crossing my arms over my chest making a discomfort look towards him. "I'll be over here with my brother when you want to apologize."

Jacob and I sat in silence until Tyler brought Caroline back, giving him the control on whether to save her life or not. Sitting on the couch I turned to my brother, placing my chin on my arms on the back of the couch. "J, go have fun. I'll be stuck here for some more days. So go out to the bar and have some fun."

"I want to help you get out of here. Both of you." My brother declared getting to his feet since he was leaning against the kitchen island. "I just have to crack the spell somehow."

Stepping towards the edge of the barrier I pressed my hand up and he did the same, meeting my gaze. "And I want you to live your life. You have a second chance at life now because of our mother. You need to take it."

"Alright...but I'll be back tomorrow." He muttered leaving the house where my gaze shifted down to Caroline laying on the floor with her looking weakly at me.

"If you don't feed me your blood, I'll die."

Klaus was sitting against the wall of the window. "Then you'll die, and Tyler will have learned his lesson the hard way."

"How could you do this to him? To his mom? To me?" She asked, shuttering weakly.

Klaus crossed his arms over his chest tugging his black jacket around himself tightly. "I'm a thousand years old. Call it boredom."

Caroline said back. "I don't believe you....Rae I don't understand why you would hurt him like this either."

"I'm slightly sorry for what I did to his mother. In case you forget though I could have very well killed her when I didn't have my humanity on. But don't ignore the fact that he is the reason I had to turn." I told her sternly, needing her to understand that it wasn't for no reason and that Klaus didn't force me into doing anything.

He told her in a grumble. "Fine. Then maybe it's because I'm pure evil, and I can't help myself."

"No. It's because you were hurt. Which means that there is a part of you that is human." She sat up a little where I placed her head in my lap sitting on the floor by her. I felt bad that she was suffering because Tyler and Klaus were bickering for something I did.

Klaus turned his head at us watching very closely seeing how my face turned to concern, pushing her hair from her face gently. "How could you possibly think that?"

"Because I've seen it. Because...I've caught myself wishing that I could forget all the horrible things that you've done." She sucked in a shaky breath turning her gaze to me. "You aren't the monster that you want everyone to think you are, especially when it comes to her."

He asked her simply reaching inside his jacket still holding onto my grandmother's wedding ring without my knowledge since I didn't say anything to his proposal since my humanity had flipped back on. "But you can't. Can you?"

Caroline gasped meeting the deep blue orbs he was sending her. "I know that you're in love with Raelyn and anybody capable of love is capable of being saved."

Klaus: clicked his tongue. "You're hallucinating."

"I guess I'll never know." Her breathing is even more weakly than before. "Your kids will be so beautiful, Rae..."

"Caroline! No, Care. Stay with me...please. Fight Care!" I began trying to do CPR on her chest, releasing some tears hitting her chest. Throwing my hair over my shoulders I could see her eyes fall closed until someone grabbed my shoulder tugging me backwards. "Nik?"

He didn't say anything until after he had bitten into his wrist placing it underneath her mouth. She gasped wrapping her hands around his wrist slowly drinking his blood until she had gotten enough. The werewolf bite he had given her began to heal shortly after that. Only then did he turn his head to me resting a hand to my cheek. "Raelyn, I'm sorry for hurting her-"

"Don't talk to me until you want to apologize." I hit his hand away gently getting to my feet walking away to the other side of the room where he watched me dropping his gaze to the floor in regret.

Comments really appreciated ❤️

Melvia-ito