VOL 2 Chapter 8 In trouble

Start from the beginning

Ryuuen: You know Yamauchi-kun and Ike -kun, sexual harassment is forbidden, so expect the consequences.

He tells them to the pair who are plunged into despair, he goes out with all of his class, the plan is complete now only the final attack on the B class remains.

Hachiman POV

I was in my room when I get a call from Kikyo.

Kikyo: Hachiman-kun we are in trouble, can you come to the school infirmary?

If the tone is of utmost urgency, there is no room for a negative answer, so I decide to comply.

Hachiman: Yes, I'll be there in ten minutes.

I decide to put on a long-sleeved T-shirt and blue jeans and run to the school.
When I get to the infirmary it seems I was the last to arrive.

There are Horikita, Kikyo, Yousuke, Sotomura, Hondo, who are standing there with stern expressions, while sitting on the stretchers in the infirmary are Ike and Yamauchi. Who look as if they have been beaten.

They all look at me, I more or less understand the situation but I need to confirm.

Hachiman: What is the situation?

Yousuke is the first to speak.

Yousuke: Hachiman-kun, Ike -kun and Yamauchi-kun were beaten and cornered by the D-class.

Ike: Yeah, everything those girls told us were lies.

Yamauchi: Damn, it makes me angrier every time I remember.

They say with angry and dejected expressions.

Horikita: Not only that, but also blaming them for sexual harassment.

Kikyo: That's very cruel, I didn't think they would be able to blame someone innocent.

Hachiman: It's really worrying.

I turn to look at Sotomura and Hondo.
When they notice my sight they just lower their heads.

Sotomura: I'm sorry Hikigaya-dono, we were caught.

Hondo: We're really sorry, even though you trusted us, we failed you.

Sotomura: Yes, I'm ashamed to say it but we were totally outclassed.

So the plan failed.

Hachiman: Ike, Yamauchi, tell me everything that happened.

They told me everything that had happened, how they were surrounded by Ryuuen and his gang and framed for harassment.

But what strikes me the most is about that Seong Taehoon, another name I don't know, besides being a foreigner, my head hurts just thinking about all the variables that have come up.

Horikita: Looks like your plan failed, Hikigaya-kun.

Hachiman: I won't deny it, it was a total failure.

Kikyo: it can't be, what do we do now?

Hachiman: they will most likely place the complaint tomorrow, so I think there will be some kind of trial.

Hirata: But we are on the ropes.

Hachiman: Exactly, if with witnesses and the fingerprints against us there is not much we can do.

Silence hangs over us, the analysis I just gave is one in which there is no escape.

Yamauchi: Hey, Hikigaya, worst case scenario what can happen to us if we lose that trial.

Hachiman: The least punishment would be expulsion and if things go further you can be arrested for sexual harassment.

This trap was more vicious than Ken's, sexual harassment is more punishable than a fight between hooligans so no wonder they can ruin the lives of two innocent people over a false allegation.

Saying this, the complexion of both of them pales.

Ike: But we didn't do anything. This is so unfair.

Yamauchi: It was all made up, we couldn't possibly have done it.

Hachiman: In the eyes of the authorities, without evidence to the contrary it's just babble.

My words infuriate them.

Yamauchi: Do something Hikigaya, it's your duty as a leader!

Ike: You're always so haughty giving orders, so do something damn it, you can't leave us like this.

Yamauchi: Besides, aren't you very smart? Because you couldn't see what a trap was!

Ike: If you had we wouldn't be in this predicament!

They're taking it out on me, it's a normal feeling to want to blame someone else when it's your fault, these two are victimizing themselves, leaving all the responsibility on me.

They are interrupted by Sotomura.

Sotomura: What are you two saying?! Don't talk like that about Hikigaya-dono, he was the one who cared for you the most!

Hondo: That's right, he even told us all his thoughts for the sake of helping you.

These two were the first to interrupt them, then Kikyo and Yousuke followed.

Kikyo: Ike-kun and Yamauchi-kun don't say bad things about Hachiman-kun, he's always looking for ways to help us all.

Yousuke: Come on guys, Hachiman-kun surely has a way to prevent that scenario.

Their words only serve to drive them crazier.

Ike: What do you know, right now we're about to get kicked out while you guys stand by and watch!

Yamauchi: You're all selfish people who only want to protect yourselves!

I think you've already taken too much out on us, so I'm going to stop you. It's time for a reality check. I stand in front of them, send both my hands towards their collarbones, my right hand towards Ike's left collarbone and my left hand towards Yamauchi's right collarbone.
And I start to apply pressure.

Enough to make them both kneel down, they try to open my hand, but they are too weak, right now my hands are like steel pincers to them.

Hachiman: you are calm now, aren't you?

With this I release them, I can see everyone's shocked face, for sure it is unexpected that I use violence, they have not seen this side of me. But these two will not listen with words alone.

Hachiman: Are you sure you know where you stand in the class? I will tell you straight out, you are a burden. We have heard many complaints from the girls about your perverted attitudes, where they have seen that you have tried to see under your skirt or during swimming lessons that you unscrupulously observe their bodies, that's not all, in your studies even though Kikyo helped you in the study sessions and with the old exams your grades did not improve much, which gives me to think that you have not put effort into your homework.

I can see the guilt on their faces, their emotions took a 180 degree turn, but I'm not done yet.

Hachiman: Besides, what would they have done if I told them about my suspicions? Tell them? It would only scare them away and then they would be determined to find a new target. Another reason why I didn't tell them was that I wasn't sure if it was a trap, if I was wrong I could ruin your chances. And let me correct you one last thing, yes, I am the class leader, but I am not your babysitter, if you don't have something positive to contribute to the class then you better leave, no one is forcing you to stay. But keep in mind that if you don't improve your attitudes, no matter where you go you will always be a liability.

Cruel words I wouldn't be surprised if I pissed them off, if they hit me I'm prepared to take the hit, that just means I lost the bet, but someone has to tell them.

Their faces are shocked, they don't know what to say, they just avert their gaze downwards, that's fine, if these words get them to react a little, then it will have been worth it.

I can feel a sharp headache, it makes me rub my forehead.

Hachiman: There's no point in discussing this any further, I have a way to solve this, but I'm going to need time.

Horikita: What do you propose?

Hachiman: The most likely thing is that tomorrow the trial will take place, so I need you, Horikita to help me to mislead the enemy a little bit.

Horikita: Sounds complicated.

Hachiman: It is, we have no proof, so we have to use arguments as a basis.

Yousuke: Can we do anything?

Yousuke with a worried look tells me, Kikyo throws me an equal one.

Kikyo: We'll do whatever you tell us, Hachiman-kun.

Hachiman: Sorry, I need you guys to stay out of the trial.

Yousuke: Huh? Why?

Hachiman: Two reasons, the first is that I don't want your social power to be diminished in front of other classes, and a conflict would surely damage your reputation. And the second reason is that your personalities do not fit in a trial, it is a place where questionable truths will have to be told and a biased position taken.

That's why Horikita should go, Yousuke is an ally of everyone, he won't be able to do much, the same case happens with Kikyo, those two are for everyone, so in a trial they can't do much.

Yousuke: Still, I want to help.

Kikyo: Me too.

Hachiman: I said they couldn't help in the trial, but they can help in other things, tomorrow when the complaint is revealed, our classmates will condemn Ike and Yamauchi, so I would like you guys, you can cushion the damage caused.

They are silent in front of the plan that we should follow. Horikita confirms me.

Horikita: So, are we going to go to the trial, the two of us?

Hachiman: Huh? Of course not.

Horikita: Wait, you're going to slack off again.

Why do you give the fact that I'm going to slack off?

Hachiman: Although I would like to, the answer is no, as I said, I need to stay in the shadows, and this is not the right time to reveal myself. Don't worry, you won't go alone, I will send you an escort.

Finally I turn to the pair on the ground, it seems they haven't recovered from the verbal destruction I did to them. My goal was not just to insult them, but it is obvious that they will not take it that way.

Hachiman: And what are you going to do? If you are going to stay on the ground, tell me at once to avoid unnecessary work.

Yamauchi: Tch, what more do you want? You told us we were in the way, so just leave us alone.

Ike: it's a hopeless case, just like us, I don't understand why you do it if you said so yourself.

Hachiman: It's true I said it, and I'm not taking it back.

The expression of both of them sinks much more.

Hachiman: But don't you want to prove me wrong?

Both: Huh?

Hachiman: Everything I have said is based on my own thoughts mixed with other people's opinion, I don't know you, you can prove me wrong.

These two are useless, but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, I have interfered in many things since I arrived, I want to see if they are capable of taking destiny into their own hands and achieve an evolution.

Hachiman: You just have to prove to me that saving you this time is not a mistake. Because rest assured, you will not be expelled.

Ike: W-why go to such lengths?

He says with a trembling voice and on the verge of tears.

Hachiman: It's not obvious, I just want to trust my teammates.

With these two getting teary-eyed, it's kind of unthinkable that these two who are so proud would cry in front of other people including girls, but it seems that my feeling of wanting to help them caught up with them.

In my mind I apologize to them.

They both sob quietly, neither of them wants to say anything, when they calm down a little. I decide to call this meeting to a close. So I clap my hands to get everyone's attention.

Hachiman: Alright, I think everyone knows what we have to do, it's going to be a tough few days, but we are going to have victory.

Well let's see what happens next.