VOL 1 Chapter 15 Friends part 2

A week has passed since my nomination as temporary class leader, my words seem to have taken effect, the class has become more open in sharing doubts with the smartest in the room and these also help the others, creating a cooperative atmosphere.

I continue to converse with Sudo and Ayanokouji, for the most part, Horikita sometimes talks to me but more on class matters, I also see that she rejects Kushida's constant approaches, I guess it will trigger the cheating event at the cafe.

But it has me somewhat worried, I have not been able to talk to Sakura, I don't know why, maybe it is because I am in the focus of the class that it is more difficult for her to approach, and I don't want to approach either because she may be scared of being the center of attention.

What a friend I am, despite what I said, I've never been friends with a girl, it's pretty stressful.

At lunch time I go out for a drink, Sudo is hanging out with Yamauchi and Ike, I've changed a few things but I can't change the trio of idiots I guess they're like magnets.

I get the drink from the vending machine, I'm in one of the hallways, even though it's lunch time these hallways are pretty lonely, which I'm pretty happy about so I don't have to fear that I'll run into someone else.

But I see a familiar pink hair, it is Sakura, she is taking pictures of a butterfly that is perched on a bush, I remain silent that I finish it would be rude to interrupt and that her picture looks bad.

When I finish, I decide to approach and I called her.

Hachiman: yo Sakura

She hears my voice, and turns quickly to confirm who it is.

Sakura: H-Hikigaya-kun.

Hachiman: I'm sorry if I scared you.

Sakura: No, I was dazed and didn't pay attention to my surroundings.

Hachiman: I see.

We were silent for a while, damn communication skills of mine, I can't go any further.

Hachiman: Do you want something to drink?

Sakura: No, don't worry.

Hachiman: Don't be shy, it's on me.

Sakura: Ok.

Sakura agrees, well at least she doesn't stutter so much when she talks to me, it is a good sign. I buy the drink and I give it to Sakura then we sit down in one of the benches that are near the hall of the school.

Hachiman: How was your day?

Sakura: Normal, I suppose.

Ahhhhh, this makes me crazy, I have decided to change but in these moments is where I wish to have the linguistic abilities of Hirata or Kushida, hell, even the abilities of Ike would not seem so bad to me.

Sakura: Hikigaya -kun

He speaks to me in a soft voice, I turn to see his face.

Hachiman: Yes?

Sakura: C-c-could you give me your number, please?

Ah, we never exchanged contacts, it was expected that we could not communicate well, I am really pathetic even though I know more about her than her about me, I am not able to speak properly.

Hachiman: Of course, I am sorry I forgot to give it to you.

Sakura:No, no problem, I'm quite happy to talk to you, Hikigaya-kun, at first I thought you would be someone more coarse but you make me feel more at ease.