24

Leon, Percival, Elyan and Lancelot all walked along the corridor talking about training, patrols, their visit to the tavern a few nights before, training, Arthur, training. And so on. They were passing the Lady Mira's chambers when they heard it.

A cry, a slam and a bang.

They ran and threw open the door.

"Mira!" they yelled.

They stopped short. Gwaine was lying on the table, his sword on the ground and Mira standing beside him with her own sword buried in the side of the table.

"Oh hello!" Gwaine grinned at them, turning his head upside down to look at them.

They all smiled weakly.

"Are you alright?" asked Leon.

"Gwaine was giving me a small lesson" Mira laughed.

"And as you can see she's a quick learner" Gwaine stated getting up off the table,"Strong push too".

"Sorry" she smiled apologetically.

"Don't be" he chuckled.

"You were giving her a lesson without us?!" exclaimed Elyan,"Cruelty!".

Mira pulled her sword out of the table and stared at the crack. "That'll take a lot of explaining to Gwen". They laughed at that.

"We'll have to bring you to training soon" Lancelot laughed.

Mira blushed as they all agreed.

"Well, I'd better go Mira. I'll see you later" smiled Gwaine kissing her cheek.

"See you later" she replied, curtsied to the others and they all left her alone in her room.

———————————————————————————                           
Mira walked through the Lower Town. Smiling at people she knew, nodding at others. She stopped at a stall looking at some cloth and talked to the man running it.

"How are you, my Lady?" he asked.

"Fine, thank you. And you?".

"Good, business has been going well over the past few weeks".

"That's very good" she smiled.

"Well, looks like we have some visitors" he nodded in the direction.

"I'd better be going, have a good day" Mira replied.

"Same to you, Miss" he wished her good day moving on to the next customer.

Mira looked at the new arrivals, a few men riding in on horses across the street. Something caught her eye and she looked at one of the men. Her blood froze and her eyes went wide. He went by so fast that it was hard to tell.

But she thought she recognised him.

Osric?

———————————————————————————

Mira turned on her heel and sped back towards the Palace. She reached the castle within a few minutes and raced through the courtyard to the steps, a few people turned to look at her but most just assumed she was late for something so minded their own business. She hardly saw Prince Arthur and nearly ran straight into him but she caught herself just in time so she only bumped into him lightly.

"Mira!" he smiled but it disappeared just as quickly when he saw the look on her face. It was absolute shock and terror. "Mira, what's wrong?!" Arthur demanded. She just shook her head and ran passed him, up the steps, disappearing through the doors. He didn't think twice about it. He followed her, calling her name but she was either too far ahead to hear or just too focused on where she was going.