8

Mira's p.o.v

I opened my eyes and sat up slowly. Looking around, I saw that I was still in the amazing room.

My amazing room!

The maid Gwen had drawn the curtains of my bed, there were two types of curtains on it, see-through ones and heavy velvet ones. The see through ones had been drawn, they had pretty designs on them.

I pushed away my covers and drew the curtains back, tying them to the bedposts like they'd been the night before. It was dark in the room as the curtains by the window weren't open, the fire had died out during the night but red hot embers could still be seen.

I took a dress out of one of my bags and went behind the screen to change. I threw my nightdress over it so it hung on the screen and went to my dressing table where I brushed my hair, I left it down. I made my bed and then went over to the window and pulled the curtains open. The window was really big! I opened one side and stuck my head out, well you could nearly stick your whole body out! The view was stunning! I could see the entire City, it was a sunny day, hardly any clouds. I could see all the houses and everything around. I smiled at the sight, the cold morning air brushed against my face even though it was sunny.

I heard the door open so I closed the window and turned around to see Guinevere putting breakfast on the table. She looked surprised seeing me. "You're up" she observed,"And dressed, and you made the bed".

"Yes" I blushed, feeling embarrassed. Was I not supposed to do that?

"Oh, you...eh you didn't have to. I was going to" Guinevere said awkwardly.

"Oh...I'm sorry. I haven't had a proper maid in a long time" I clasped my hands in front of me shyly, Osric had gotten rid of all my personal maids years ago.

"Its alright!" Gwen laughed kindly,"You've actually helped me a lot". I smiled and I sat at the table to eat my breakfast. There was ham, bread, cheese, grapes and egg. It was delicious!

Gwen cleared up and when she got back we sat down in the armchairs. "Can I say something, my Lady?" she asked suddenly.

"Mira, please" I replied with a smile and nodded.

"You look extremely pretty today" she stated kindly.

"Oh! Thank you!" I exclaimed looking down at myself. I was in a floor length ruby red gown that was fitted at the top and loose from my hips down, the sleeves were fitted and I had a gold belt around my waist. On the neck line there was gold embroidery. I hadn't worn it for years, in fact I had around ten dresses that I wasn't able to wear before because I couldn't in the convent and I wouldn't at home.

"I guess you won't be needing any dresses soon then" she grinned.

"No, I guess not" I smiled.

"I think most of the people in the castle will fall over when they see you" Gwen stated.

I blushed. "I had them made a few years back".

"You must be wealthy".

I nodded, in fact we were very wealthy, so wealthy in fact that it had taken a few years for Osric to finally make a dent in the fortune. I showed her the rest of the dresses and she gazed at them in awe, they were extremely beautiful, I'd forgotten as I hadn't worn them but every time I saw them they took my breath away. "I wasn't able to wear them for years" I explained.

"Why?" she asked, then cleared her throat,"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry".

I smiled. "Don't worry about it. I lived in a convent for three years, no one cares for finery there, so I didn't wear them".