30

The Knights laughed as Elyan finished his story. They were on patrol, each person shivered with cold. The freshly fallen snow lay on the ground, covering the forest floor. It had been over a month since Mira had told Arthur that she believed in him, now the Prince barely went one day without thinking about her.

"Arthur?"

"Hmm..?" he turned to Merlin who was beside him.

"You okay?"

"Fine. Just a lot on my mind, that's all" Arthur replied.

"Look!" called Percival,"Its Mira!"

"Mira!" the Knights called happily, while Merlin laughed at their excitement.

Mira slowed her horse to a stop and smiled at them. Arthur's breath caught. She looked beautiful today. "Hello!" she grinned.

"What are you doing out here?" asked Gwaine,"We were just on our way back"

"I was coming to deliver the news to Arthur" she replied, looking over at the Prince.

He was secretly very happy that she'd come all the way out for him, slightly shocked though. "Has anything happened?" he asked.

"No, my Lord. Your uncle, Lord Agravaine has arrived".

"Oh!" said Arthur,"He's early. They sent you to tell me?"

"They saw that I was coming out for a ride and asked if I'd tell you"

"Thank you" he replied with a smile,"Well, we'd best be going then" They all nodded.

Suddenly there was a swishing sound and a massive crack. Mira's head turned to the side. There was an arrow stuck in the trunk of a tree beside her. It had missed her head by an inch. About twenty men ran out of the tree towards them.

"RUN!!!" screamed Gwaine, but already they were surrounded. Mira luckily had her sword and she drew it, along with the rest of the Knights.

Elyan had been torn off his horse, as had Leon. Eventually everyone was on the ground. Mira felt a pair of hands grip her arms and waist, pulling her down from Raven. She struggled against them, and screamed but one of the men clamped a hand over her mouth. Suddenly though he cried out and fell, the man holding her arms suddenly fell back with a crossbow bolt sticking out of his chest.

Mira looked towards the source and saw Arthur holding a crossbow he'd obtained somehow. She barely had time to think as some enemies ran towards her. She defended and attacked. She saw Gwaine fall. "GWAINE!" she screamed, but he was soon blocked from vision.

She saw Arthur cornered by two men and she ran over, she took down one and he got the other. It was hard to fight in a dress but she did her best. "Thanks" he breathed.

"You did the same for me" she replied.

Suddenly a crossbow bolt came out of nowhere and buried itself in his shoulder. He cried out and stumbled.

"Arthur!" she exclaimed and caught him before he fell.

"I'm alright" he murmured, obviously in pain.

"ARTHUR! MIRA! GET OUT OF HERE!" screamed Percival.

They didn't move.

"GO!" yelled Lancelot.

Arthur, knowing he wasn't able to fight, gripped Mira's hand and pulled her away from the fight. She glanced back, but couldn't see Gwaine.

Together, Arthur and Mira ran deeper into the forest.

————————————————————————————