19 - Ultimate Moves Two

Izumi gasped as a cloud of smoke covered part of the hallway. She instinctively activated her quirk and touched a wall. What the...? Izumi thought as she felt someone on top of her brother on the floor.

"You know, you really shouldn't just put everything you think of together!" Power Loader said, coughing. The person on top of Izuku laughed. 

"'Failure is the mother of invention,' Mr. Power Loader, as Thomas Edison once said. Even if what I made doesn't work the way I planned, that doesn't mean it was a waste of time--" A feminine voice said from the smoke.

"This isn't the time for that! Will you listen to me for once, Hatsume?

"Oh? When did you get here?" Hatsume wondered when she looked down at Izuku.

B-B-B... oobs!" Izuku gasped. What the f***, Izuku, Izumi thought.

"Sorry about the sudden explosion! It's been a while, huh? Hero course students, um...  I've forgotten all of your names," Hatsume said once they had gotten up from the floor.

"I-I'm Izu-Izuku M-Midoriya..."

"I'm Izumi Midoriya," Izumi said.

"Twins, huh?" Hatsume wondered.

"I'm Tenya Iida! I'm the man you used as an advertising tower during the sports festival tournament!" Iida said, doing his hand-chopping movements.

"Well, I'm busy developing my babies, so...!"

"Um, wait, I wanted to ask Mr. Power Loader about improving my costume..." Izuku said.

"Improving your costume? Sounds interesting!"

"Hatsume. It's fine for you to come in and out of the studio now that the dorm system is in place, but if you go wild in here anymore, I'm going to banish you!" Power Loader cut in. "I've already heard from Eraser Head. You're here about changing your costumes as you develop your ultimate moves, right? Come in."

"It's like a secret hideout!" Izuku gasped when they were all inside. Izumi had to agree. 

"Now, show me the instructions for your costume. It's in the case with your costume, right? I have a license to make costumes, so I'll tinker with what I can using that. For small changes and repairs, I can just report what I changed to the design company, and they'll do the paperwork for it, but for major changes, we'll have to fill out an application and ask the design company to do it. Then, the government will check the new costume, and once it's approved, it'll come back here. Anyway, the agencies we work with are the best, so we usually get them back in about three days."

"Um, I was thinking about how I could lessen the strain on the ligaments of my arms... Is something like that possible?" 

"Um, Midoriya, you... fight with your fists and fingers, right? If that's the case, then it'd be possible to do it pretty fast with just a little tinkering."

"Isn't that great, Deku?" Uraraka cheered.

"Yeah!" Izuku replied before looking down and seeing Hatsumi touching him.

"Yes, yes, I see," Hatsume said.

"H-Hatsume, what are you doing...?" Uraraka gasped.

"I'm touching his body. Yes, yes, much more solid than he looks. Very well, you can use... My baby that I'd been saving, a powered suit! This high-tech baby can read the contractions of your muscles and support your movements! It's baby number 49!" Hatsume said while Izuku was stuck in a bulky suit.

"I'm fine with just support for my arms... Start!" 

"Mr. Power Loader, I am learning to use fans as a weapon, but the one I have is a little bit too flimsy-- could you make me two new ones that are still light, but a little more durable?" Izumi whispered to Power Loader while Hatsume was distracted. Meanwhile, Izuku's torso was being twisted off by the suit.

"Um, I would like you to strengthen the cooling device on my legs..." Iida tried to copy Izumi, but unfortunately, Hatsume overheard. Power Loader did not even try to stop her, so he just worked on making Izumi's new fans. Izumi quickly snuck out before Hatsume could get to her.

Izumi trained with her new fans, and soon she was able to fight with them fairly well. She also worked on her ultimate moves and expanding her range. One day, a boulder from Bakugo's platform broke off and was about to hit All Might. Just as Izumi was about to stop it, a blur of green flew through the air. It was her brother. He kicked the rock and saved All Might. Izumi gasped.

"That's enough Class A! Today, Class B is scheduled to use this place in the afternoon," Vlad King said.

"Man, what terrible timing!" Kaminari grumbled.

"Eraser, hurry up and get out of the way."

"We still have almost ten minutes. You're not good at using time wisely, Vlad," Aizawa replied.

"Hey, did you know? The provisional licensing exam has a 50% fail rate. All of you should just fail!" Monoma exclaimed.

"Is that Monoma's costume?" Izumi asked Kendo as Monoma went on his little rant.

"'Since my quirk's copy, there's no need for anything especially eccentric,' he said," Kendo explained.

"That's him not being eccentric?" Kaminari mumbled.

"Still, his opinion is reasonable. As long as we are taking the same exam, it is our fate to crush each other," Tokoyami pointed out.

"That's why Class A and Class B applied to different locations," Aizawa said.

"The hero licensing exam takes place each June and September in three different locations across the country at the same time. In order to avoid students from the same school fighting each other, all schools subscribe to the theory of splitting up their students by time or location," Vlad King added. Monoma let out a quick sigh of relief.

"It is unfortunate that we will not be able to fight each other directly!" Monoma exclaimed.

"He said 'whew,' didn't he?" Kirishima mumbled.

"I wonder if there's a diagnosis for the type of mental state he has..." Kaminari agreed.

"'All schools,' huh...? That's right, I didn't really think about it that much, but we'll be fighting against other schools to pass," Sero said.

"And in our case, we're accelerating the process of getting them..." Izuku agreed.

"In addition, there are very few first years in the country trying to get their provisional licenses. In other words... the test will have those who've trained longer than you, with quirks you don't know about that they're polished up until now. The actual contents of the exam are unclear, but what is clear is that you all will have a hard time. It's not good to get too hung up about it, but keep that in mind," Aizawa pointed.

"Yes, sir!" the classes replied.

Word Count: 1064