11 - Practical Exam

When class 1-a arrived at the practical exam area, the center plaza, they were met with almost all the teachers teaching at UA.

"Now then... let's begin the last test. Remember, it's possible to fail this final. If you wanna go to camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes." Aizawa said.

"Uh. Why are all the teachers here?" Jiro asked.

"I expect many of you have gathered information and believe you have some idea of what you'll be faced with today."

"We're fighting those big ol' metal robots!" Kaminari shouted.

"Fireworks! S'mores! Here we come, camp!" Mina cheered.

'Oh no, they jinxed it,' Izumi thought.

"Actually, this year's tests..." Principal Nezu, a bear/mouse/whatever, popped out of Aizawa's scarf. "will be completely different for various reasons."

"Principal Nezu!" Jiro, Ojiro, and Sero exclaimed. Meanwhile, Kaminari and Mina stood frozen with shock and fear.

"You're changing things?" Yaoyorozu gasped.

"The test now have a new focus. There will be hero work, of course. But also teamwork and combat between actual people. So what does that mean for you? You students will be working together in pairs and your opponents will be one of our esteemed UA teachers! Isn't that fabulous?!" Nezu said, as he climbed down from Aizawa's shoulder.

'That was unexpected' Izumi thought.

"Additionally, you partners and teachers have already been chosen. They were determined at my discretion based on various factors, including fighting style, grades and interpersonal relationships. First, Yaoyorozu and Todoroki are on a team. Against me. Then we have Midoriya paired with Bakugo. And their opponent is..." Aizawa said, as All Might dropped from the sky.

"I am here to fight!" All Might said.

"We're up against All Might?!" Bakugo and Izumi's brother gasped.

'Hm... All Might and my brother always seem to be together...' Izumi noticed.

"You're going to have to work together, boys, if you want to win." All Might said.

Aizawa's Flash Back

"Izumi needs to find a way to work through her headaches, and Jiro needs to work on the usage of her quirk. Therefore, Present Mic- you take care of them," Aizawa said.

"ALLL RRRIIGGGHHHHTTTT!" 

Back to the Present

The pair-ups for the practical exams:

Cementoss vs. Sato and Kirishima
Ectoplasm vs. Asui and Tokoyami
Power Loader vs. Iida and Ojiro
Aizawa vs. Yaoyorozu and Todoroki
Thirteen vs. Aoyama and Uraraka
Nezu vs. Mina and Kaminari
Present Mic vs. Izumi and Jiro
Snipe vs. Hagakure and Shoji
Midnight vs. Sero and Mineta
All Might vs. Midoriya and Bakugo

"To complete the exam, you'll have 30 minutes. In order to win, your objective is to put these handcuffs on you teacher, or you can win if one of you manages to escape from the combat stage." Nezu explained.

"So we've either got to capture the teacher or run away. It's basically combat training." Kaminari noted.

"Yeah, but is it really okay to just jet?" Mina wondered.

"Yup!" Nezu replied.

"It's going to be much different than the combat training you all went through earlier. After all, you're up against people way better than you!" Present Mic added.

"'Better'? Really?" Jiro wondered. "Hey, aren't you just the announcer?"

"Hey, watch your mouth girl-- have some respect!"

"this time, you exam will be very similar to a real battle. As strange as it is, please think of us as villains." Thirteen said.

"Assumin' you come across your enemy. If you think you can win against them, then fight. However..." Snipe said.

"...in instances where you're outmatched, it would be smarter to run away and find help. Todoroki. Iida. Midoriya. I'm sure the three of you understand." Aizawa added. Izumi just started zoning out, but she saw that the teachers were putting on weights as a handy-cap.

"Jiro," Izumi said, as the teachers left. "shall we come up with a plan?"

"Sure," Jiro replied. They found an empty room inside, and gave more details about their quirks.

"I have never tried this before, as it will most likely take a lot of energy-- but if I have to I can try to take control of..." Izumi said, explaining the plan. Soon, they heard that Kirishima and Sato lost.

"Woah! Already?" Jiro exclaimed. Izumi knew that she wouldn't have a lot of time, so she found a room to sleep in to save energy. After a while, she woke up and decided to get some food. While doing so, she couldn't help but think about her brother's quirk.

'Many people have already noted how similar All Might and Izu-chan's quirks are, they eat a lunch together sometimes, they talk to each other a lot, etc... all the evidence points to it... but... why wouldn't he tell me?  No. Kats is right. He must have thought I wasn't good enough. I need for evidence.' Izumi thought. Soon, she heard it was Mina and Kaminari's turn, so she had to go meet up with Jiro. 

"Are you ready?" Izumi asked.

"I don't think he will be that hard to beat," Jiro said, shrugging. 

"We shouldn't underestimate him- he's not a pro for nothing."

"Hmm..."

"Team Ashido and Kaminari, practical exam. Ready, go!" they heard. Mina and Kaminari seemed very cocky, but eventually they lost to Nezu outsmarting them.

"Team Midoriya and Jiro, practical exam. Ready, go!" the speakers announced.

"Let's avoid combat with Present Mic if possible and head toward the exit gate. Sound good?" Jiro said. Izumi nodded.

"All right, let's go!" 

Suddenly, they heard an extremely loud "YEAH!," making Izumi get a horrible migraine.

"Izumi! You can do the back-up plan now, right?" Jiro asked.

"I-I c-can't... too l-loud- headache!" Izumi managed to get out.

"Even if I plug my ears, I feel like my eardrums would burst. He's not just better... He's like a new and enhanced version! I can't even get close to him! Even if we got close to him, whether to handcuff him or escape through the gate, he's probably in front of the gate, so we wouldn't be able to avoid fighting him." Jiro mumbled.

"COME OUT!!!!" Present Mic screeched. "ARE YOU COMING YET?! HURRY UP!"

"If this keeps up, our eardrums'll be shot. What should we do?" Jiro wondered. Izumi couldn't even think straight with the migraine she had, so she just stayed silent.

"THERE YOU ARE!" Present Mic shouted. Jiro had finally had enough, so she used her own voice quirk to cancel out his. Izumi couldn't move, so Jiro was tanking the hits. Soon, she saw that Jiro's ears were bleeding.

'I- the only reason why I became a hero was to help people... stop them from getting hurt...' Izumi thought. Izumi burst open her eyes, and placed her hand on a nearby tree. 

'I can do this!' Izumi thought, as her eyes started to glow. The ground and Present Mic started to glow, and float. Present Mic was unable to move his mouth, or move anything. Unfortunately for him, he was afraid of heights, but was being lifted high above the ground. Jiro then managed to drag a passed out Izumi through the escape route, as Present Mic fell into the ground and passed out.

"Team Midoriya and Jiro have passed!"