6 - UA Sports Festival

When Izumi woke up, she found herself in the nurse's office with bandages on her head. She was told that after the Nomu punched her, Bakugo had carried her to the medics. All Might had managed to blast the Nomu away after over 500 hits before the other heroes arrived, and Aizawa was going to survive. Izumi felt a tiny warmth in her heart when she had heard about what Bakugo did for her, which she immediately brushed off as part of her injury. 

After the attack on the USJ, school was closed for a little while. Izuku had said that it was probably because they wanted the students to relax- which was one of many attempts to have a conversation with his twin. She took this time to read her favorite mangas, train, etc. 

When school went back in session, everyone was murmuring about the USJ attack and how people were reacting to it.

"Everyone, homeroom session is about to begin! Please be quiet and take you seats!" Iida suddenly shouted while running in. 

"Uh... Iida?" Izumi replied. "Everyone is seated- well, besides you." Everyone then started to wonder who would be subbing in for Aizawa, but Izumi had a feeling that even if his body parts were missing he would still come.

And no surprises, Aizawa came in and said, "Morning class."

"Aizawa-sensei! What are you going here?!"most of the class exclaimed.

"Aizawa-sensei! I am glad you are ok!" Iida said.

"You call that ok?" Uraraka wondered.

"My well being is irrelevant. What matters is that your fight isn't over yet." Aizawa said from under the cocoon of bandages. "The U.A. sports festival is about to start."

"Yes!" everyone cheered.

"Let's go kick some a**!" Kirishima exclaimed.

"Wait a second- is it really such a good idea to have the sports festival so soon after villains attacked?" Jiro asked.

"They could attack while we are all at the same place." Oijiro agreed. 

"Apparently, the administration thinks this is good way to show that the threat has been handled and the school is safer than ever. Plus, they are bringing up better security compared to past years. This event is a huge opportunity for students at U.A.. It is not something we can cancel because of a few villains." Aizawa explained.

"Uh... I'm sorry, but why not? It's just a sports festival!" Mineta asked. 

"Huh? Mineta, don't you know how important this competition is?" Izuku asked.

"Of course I do! I just don't want to get murdered!" Mineta replied. 

"The sports festival is one of the most watched events in the entire world. In the past, everyone was obsessed over the Olympic games, but then quirks started appearing. Now the Olympics have been reduced in terms of scale and viewership. For anyone who cares about competition, there's only one tournament that matters. The UA Sports Festival."

"The top heroes everywhere will be watching. This is where you get scouted." Yoayorozu agreed. After that, everyone chimed in about how after you graduate you can work for those heroes who interned you, stuff like that.

After class, class-1a found a giant outside their classroom.

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots. We're the class that survived a real villain attack. They wanna see us with their own eyes. At least you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it extras." Bakugo said as he stepped forward- dragging Izumi with him by the wrist.

"You cannot go around calling people extras just because you do not know who they are! Also refrain from dragging classmates!" Iida exclaimed.

"So you guys are class 1-a. I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an a**. Is everyone in the hero course delusional, or just you? How sad to come here and find a bunch of ego maniacs and push-overs." a boy with messy purple hair said. "I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others here, I was forced to choose a different path. Such as life. I didn't cut it the first time around, but i have another chance. If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. And they'll have to transfer people out to make room. Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to let you know if you don't bring your very best, I'll steal your sport from under you. Consider this a declaration of war."