Backstory Two

Izumi had just left the hell of a classroom she was once in, but couldn't help but worry for her twin brother. She needed to get to her lesson. Since she wanted. to learn how to protect her brother better she seemed out. the help of an old friend she had once helped out. She made her way to an old fashioned Japanese style house. This house was home to the retired pro hero, Ichiro Shirai, or Dream. Shirai had an illusion quirk, so he could make people see what he wanted them to see. He was also very good at close combat due to his quirk not being as helpful in combat as others. He was a kind yet stern man who Izumi had been kind to in the past. To Izumi, he was the father figure she never had. She loved training with him, but every time she left she would be exhausted. 

"Ah, Izumi! Perfect timing! I have just upgraded the training room!" He said, as he opened the door. Izumi had never understood why he had chosen to retire so soon, but she thought it would be rude to ask.

"That is great, Shirai-sensei!" Izumi said with a smile. With that, they both entered and began their normal training session. Basic warm-ups like push-ups, sit-ups, running laps, etc. After that they would normally spar with each other. 

Her training sessions were grueling, but she had to do this. Becoming a hero was never really her dream, but she wanted to become one so that she could help Izuku. She still remember when they found out he was quirkless. They were four at that time and the entire kindergarten class had all gotten their quirks. All except for Izuku, but Izumi always tried to encourage him. Saying that his was probably just really cool and that he might be a late bloomer. She did anything she could to lift his spirits. The day they went to the quirk doctor she had to stay with the Bakugos while her mother and brother checked with the doctors. When she got home Izuku was playing All Might videos on loop while crying. Izumi remembered thinking how unfair it was for him and wondering why the world would be so cruel to her brother. Whenever she felt like she might stop, she would think about that memory and that would fuel her to keep going.

That Day, 5:00pm

"Bye Shirai-sensei! Have a nice night!" Izumi said, as she walked out the door.

"Be careful! You too!" Shirai replied. Izumi was tired, but she was slowly becoming less and less tired each training session. 'Everyday I get stronger and stronger... soon I will be able to not only protect Izuku from bullies, but maybe even become a true hero even though it was not my original goal'  Izumi became lost in her thoughts. Eventually, she arrived home.

"Mom! I'm home!" Izumi called, as she opened the door. When she walked in she saw her mother's eyes focused of the TV. When Izumi came over she saw that there was a sort of... slime villain? 'Why aren't the heroes doing anything? They are just standing there!'  Izumi thought. There was suddenly an explosion in the slime... thing. 

"No way..." Izumi murmured. Her eyes had to have been playing tricks on her. Was that Katsuki Bakugo in that slime thing?! Her vision blurred as she was trying to calm her own racing thoughts.

"Idiot! Stop! Stop!" A voice shouted from the TV. Her vision snapped back as her and her mother gasped. Running full speed towards the slime villain was her twin brother, Izuku Midoriya. Both Izumi an her mother watched in horror as he started scratching the slime. As the slime thing was about to hit Izuku, All Might arrived and saved Bakugo. Both Izumi and Inko let out a sigh of relief, as Izumi collapsed into a chair. 'All Might is so powerful... with that punch he... he completely changed the weather... If I had that power I would be able to protect Izuku and everyone else without a problem...'  Izumi thought. 'As cruel as Kats has become... I am glad he is ok'

After that, there were videos of All Might being praised for saving the day, Bakugo being praised for being brave, and... Izuku being scolded for being so reckless by the pro heroes. 

When Izuku finally came home, and he looked... extremely happy and determined. That was good but... Izumi thought that it was very suspicious and she knew him better than anyone. He had just been in a villain attack and had been scolded by many pro heroes.

The Next Day

When Izumi made it to school everyone was crowding around Bakugo. Asking if he was ok, how he was feeling, if he was scared, etc. Bakugo looked like he was ready to explode every single one of them. As the day went on Bakugo slowly scared everyone off, but Izuku was still acting weird. Weirdly happy, determined, excited. It was good but... Izuku... he never acted like this. Izumi was happy, sure, but it was still weird. After school, he immediately ran off somewhere. Saying he needed to train or something. Weird. That was when she spotted Bakugo by himself.

"Kats!" Izumi called out. Per usual, Bakugo completely ignored her existence. Izumi had a feeling this may happen so she activated her quirk and pulled him over to her. 

"Look... I... I am still mad at you for what you have been doing to Izu-chan," Izumi started, as Bakugo looked away in boredom. "I... I'm glad that you are alright..." Izumi then released Bakugo and walked away to get to training, leaving Bakugo in shock. 

For the next ten months before the U.A. entrance exam, Izumi trained hard to be able to become a hero. Although, Izuku started acting even more strange. He would start muttering in class about his diet and workout, be really tired and request food that followed 'American Dream Plan,' grew distant and was almost never home, left Izumi on read all the time, brushed her off, etc. She was starting to think that he was mad at her. For a few months she was hurt and confused why her brother was ignoring her until,

"Stop looking so pathetic over that Deku." Bakugo said as he passed by in a hallway, shocking Izumi. "You want to get into U.A. right? Focus on that. I want to beat a worthy opponent." Bakugo, who always ignored Izumi, had not only given her advice, but had complimented her?! But he was right, she can worry about her brother after the exams. From then forward, she worked her butt off until the exams.