Finale

Jungkook took a few more minutes with Yugyeom, unable to help himself, just allowing him to gather the courage that he was going to need to face Taehyung after...everything. He was also going to have to take SHINee's side, especially if they demanded to know how it was that he had hidden himself for so long. He kind of felt...a bit bad, actually. He knew that Minho had taken him in without questions, and he knew for certain that Jonghyun had secondary motivations when it came to letting him stay. He was not sure what it was that BTS had done to piss him off so much, but he knew that Jonghyun wanted to use him to hurt them-thought that Jungkook would actually allow it, despite how angry he was he was not ever someone's toy to use to hurt others. If he wanted to hurt someone he would do it himself, after all. He felt the worst for Taemin though. Taemin had been quite kind to him, and on top of being kind, he had actually become sort of like a friend.

He sighed as he made his way towards the bedroom. He was sad, because he knew Taemin would see this as a sort of betrayal, and he would likely not be friends with him anymore. It made him feel guilty, betraying SHINee like this despite how kind that they had been so far. There was little to be done about it though. Half of them wanted to use him to hurt BTS, and even the other haf he was not really sure of. It was not much that he could do to help both sides. He could not justify having SHINee use him to take down BTS so that they could reign supreme. While he was not on good terms, even still, with them, he was not naive. At least, he was not that naive. He may be a bit but even he knew that SHINee had more to gain from BTS being taken down, and Jungkook was permanently marked as one of the BTS' members. What exactly would happen when they did take the gang down? Would they drop Jungkook down with them? It was likely, and Jungkook had enough sense of self that he definitely was not going to allow that.

He knocked on the door of the room he had been housed in the first day. It seemed almost forever ago and in all reality it had not been too long from now. He hearrd the door rip open and Taehyung's eyes were dripping in anger and danger...Jungkook swallowed, but stared straight up at him, almost defiantly. Taehyung, for his part, seemed momentarily sunned, staring down at him as a smile began to slowly curve on his lips. "Well, well, well," Came the dark voice that Jungkook refused to admit aloud that he had actually missed. Taehyung moved to lean against the side of the doorframe, staring at him and tilting his head slightly. "What do we have here?" Jungkook rolled his eyes, he supposed Taehyung was one for dramatics, after all.

"I just...I talked to Yugyeom,"

"Who?" Taehyung echoed sharply, causing Jungkook to almost flinch...almost.

"My brother, the one who got sent here before me? Who took my place? I am pretty sure I mentioned it before storming off, but anyways..." Jungkook continued, cutting Taehyung's reply off. "He mentioned that I was perhaps a bit hasty in my judgement, and I was thinking on it, and he was right. I was overly emotional. I was worried...that you would break your promise, but...technically, you didn't, at least not yet. I thought that you would, so I just...I just freaked out before letting you even try to defend yourself. It was wrong of me, and..." Jungkok bit his lower lip, gnawing on it viciously. Taehyung let his hand stretch out to pull it away.

"Don't do that, sweetheart," Taehyung muttered softly, and Jungkook felt his body relax at the term of endearment. That was a good sign, at the very least. "I have to admit this is quite the surprise little one," Taehyung stated, his words still gentle. "I was not expecting you to actually come visit and apologize." He let out a slight chuckle. "Of course, I will forgive you and the others will as well, but I am sure you are aware that we will need to be quite clear with some certain things, and you definitely can't be running off the moment you are upset. That makes things quite complicated." Jungkook felt his face flush at the chastisement. It was well deserved, nonetheless.

"I know,"

"Good, I am glad." Taehyung hummed, staring down at him, as though contemplating something. "I know we said we would hunt down whoever helped you hide, but since you turned yourself into me so sweetly, I will disregard such a thing." Jungkook felt his breath catch in shock at those words. SHINee would be let free, though a part of him was not sure that was a good thing. Taehyung grabbed his chin to yank it towards him, eyes blazing. "But the moment you try to escape from me again,"

"I understand," Jungkook whispered...

"Good."