ultimatum

Okay, so maybe in hindsight he should have probably planned this a little bit better, but instead of listening to Taemin Hyung, he sort of bulldozed ahead. Never exaaaactly the best idea but it was too late to change anything soooo...he was kinda stuck within everyone staring at hon and Taehyung's dark eyes watching him and he wasn't all that confident anymore. He wasn't sure if he could continue anymore. Taemin had been right. Now, upon seeing his hyung the only thing that he wanted to do was jump into his arms and scream for joy at being reunited. It was quite a bit harder than he thought it was going to be.

But he refused to be a wimp. He had to do this. Both for the good of himself, and the good of his hyungs. He could not just walk idly right back into Taehyung's arms. Not after he had made movements to abandon him like that. That just was not cool. He could not stand for it. If he did not stand up now he would definitely not do so later, and he already knew that it would just end up hurting him in the long run. He wanted proof that Tae was willing to try for him. In all honestly, he deserved it.

So, despite it all, he turned to look in Taehyung's eyes and breathed deeply.  He steeled his heart, knowing he was going to need to do this with every ounce of courage he currently possessed.

"Thank you, Taehyungie, but I do not think I am quite ready to forgive you yet." Jungkook said. Keeping his resolve firm he continued onwards in a rush before he could loose his nerve. "I don't doubt you are apologetic, I hope you know, but I cannot simply accept an apology. Not after what happened. I'm sorry, but I am afraid you are going to have to prove how sorry you are. After all, it is only fair. You broke promise you know." Jungkook was still not over that part. They had promised each other and yet despite that the other had broke their promise. It angered him. To a level beyond what he was used to.

"I understand, Lovely," Taehyunt said dutifully. "I am fully prepared to do whatever it takes to prove to you that I won't abandon you. You are right, I should not have broken our promise." Taehyung sighed heavily looking at Jungkook with big baleful eyes. "Is, well is there anything I can at the least begin to do to show you just how serious that I am?"

Jungkook thought about it. There were many things that he could say, and he knew that Taehyung would agree just to prove himself, but then again, he was a bit mean. There was only one thing he wanted from Taehyung at this moment. Perhaps it was a little bit more than mean, but Jungkook himself found some sort of odd enjoyment over the next sentence that he was to say.

"I...I suppose if you truly wanted to show me just how much you are sincere..." he began, but stopped. He hummed, making a play as though he were thinking about what he wanted the other to do.

He already knew what he was going to say, but he knew it would rile Taehyung up, and it did. The other was practically vibrating in nervousness. He wanted to know what it was that he could do to make it up to Jungkook

Taehyung knew he had messed up, and he knew that it put a huge dent in the trust that Jungkook had so willingly offered to him but, he wanted to repair it as best as he could. He had not thought that his actions would have such a severe consequence on the boy. He had not expected him to run off and hide away for days on end. He had just wanted him to drop the matter of attending school classes.

Furthermore there was good reason for that. Jungkook, well he may not be totally aware of the things that could go on, not necessarily in the classes themselves but outside of them. In the hallways, in the recess between the classes, those few minutes. So many things could happen. He and his hyungs had clawed their way mercilessly to the top, but that did not mean they had not had trials and tribulations. Especially Jin, the first of them.

"I want you and the Hyungs to start going to class." Jungkook began and when Taehyung had made to cut him off with wide eyes and look of disbelief he shook his head. "No, no, no. I want you to finish school. When we get out of here. No matter what happens, I don't want you to walk out and not graduate. I know you guys are smart. You can do it if you wanted to." Jungkook stopped talking but looked at Taehyung in the eyes. "I know you want to protect me and you dont want me to attend the classes, so since that was what started this that's what I've decided you have to do, to prove your sincerity."

That was, admirable, taehyung had to admit. Perhaps it was also a little cruel, though he didn't enamour jungkook because he was a kind and sensitive boy,no. The other could be downright vile if he truly wanted to be. Cases such as this showed that though jungkook may seem sweet and innocent at the best of times, there was a reason he was here after all. He knew how Taehyung and the hyungs felt about attending the classes and yet this was his ultimatum.

"I will," Taehyung paused. He did not want to make promises unnecessarily, and he was not sure how the hyungs would react. "I will talk to the others about it and get back to you. Until then, could you please come back?" Jungkook shook his head softly.

"I'm sorry, Hyung. But I can't do that."