Dangerous Ritual

"It's me

"It's me. Um, hey, we're still looking." Emily said as she tried to call Argent while they walked around the woods, "Just getting a little worried about meeting up on time. So just give me a call, or text, anything." Emily said as Malia stopped before walking back the way they came.

She stopped and started walking back in the original direction before stopping again. "Okay." She said, dropping down to her knees and focusing on her senses. "Ah." Malia said as she stood up, "It's this way." She said, walking in the direction they came from again before turning back around again. 

"It's this way." She whispered before stopping again and growling slightly as she glanced around. Emily looked up for a moment before furrowing her eyebrows slightly as she glanced around. "What is it?" Lydia asked, noticing the look on Emily's face.

"Someone's been following us. They've been following us pretty much the whole time." Emily said and started to back away slowly from Lydia and Malia, "Who?" Lydia asked as she stepped closer to Malia. Emily back up towards a tree as glanced around slightly "Here, Come here!" She said before grabbing Eli with his shirt pulling him towards them.

"Wait, wait! I wasn't doing anything! Sorry! Uh" He said before she let go of him. "It is you" Emily said. While Lydia looked at Maliaconfused. "Eli, Derek's son." Malia said and Lydia nodded slightly, "Wow, you've gotten really big." Emily said.

"Yeah, it's probably because i was only three the last time you saw me" Eli said. "What are you doing out here?" She asked and Eli pointed at her. "I was kind of wondering what you guys were doing out here." He said. "Hiking. Can't you tell? It's really nice night for hiking." Malia said and Eli nodded. 

"I know what you're looking for. The tree, right? That huge stump that's like twenty-feet wide?" Eli asked and Lydia raised her eyebrows, "You know how to find it?" She asked. "Kind of. I sleep walk. I don't know why. But I've just been doing it for the last few months." Eli said and Emily nodded, "I used to wake up in the woods too." She said making Eli look at her. 

"After you were bite by peter, right?" He asked and Emily smiled and nodded "Yeah, your dad tell you a few stories?" Emily asked. "Yeah, all of them." Eli said. "What about the tree?" Malia asked and Eli shrugged slightly, It's not far from here." He said and Malia nodded. "I knew we were going the right way." She said and Eli shook his head, "No, you were going the wrong way. It's that way." Eli said, pointing in the direction behind Lydia, Malia and Emily.

"We were circling back." Malia said, making Lydia hum and raise her eyebrows "Thank you" Malia said. "Well I can help you find it." Eli said , "Got it" Malia said but Eli followed her, "Hey, come on."Eli said running up to catch Malia. whilst Emily and Lydia followed them.

"So aren't you the screamer?" Eli asked, walking next to Lydia as the sun had gone down, "Banshee." Lydia corrected. "Yeah, but banshee's scream, right?" He asked, "well, they wail if you want to get technical, but yes" Lydia said and Eli raised his eyebrows slightly.

"So how loud can you scream?" He asked and Lydia sighed, "Loud enough to create a burst of acoustic energy that could crush your skull." She said and Eli nodded, "Good to know." He said awkwardly before Malia quickly pushed past them.

"There it is." She said, making everyone look over to see the Nemeton sitting in the middle of a clearing. "So what should we do about Argent?" Malia asked and Emily shrugged slightly, "Uh, I mean, I've never gonna get a signal now. Even if he's texting me I wouldn't know." Emily said

"Well, were gonna have to do this now. We can't wait for him." Lydia said, making Emily look at her, "It's his daughter." She said and Lydia sighed. "We have to do this tonight. He would want us to do this without him." She said before Malia looked back at Eli.

"Don't you have something to do?" She asked, making Eli look at her, "Yeaah, yeah, I have a lacrosse game to show up to since I like-I never get to play." He said glancing at everyone before Malia gave him a pointed look. "Oh! You want me to leave. Okay, uh, I got it. Okay, well, I'll tell my dad I saw you guys?" He said and Emily shook her head. 

"No, don't. Don't tell him anything. This is kind of-"She said and Lydia finished her sentence, "Personal." She said. "All right don't worry I wont say anything." He said, looking at Malia again, "Go on." Malia said and Eli nodded before walking away.

They waited until Eli was gone before Emily brought out the dirt and Lydia took out the sword. "Now what?" Malia asked and Lydia took a deep breath, holding the sword out in front of her before glancing around at her friends "Why are you all staring at me? I didn't write the instructions." She said. "Yea, you did, you literally wrote the instructions." Malia said Lydia looked at her "You know what i mean."

Lydia held the sword side ways. Almost immediately, they felt the energy around them shift. "Do you feel that?" Emily asked and Lydia nodded, "Yeah." She said before the wind started to speed up. 

All of a sudden, the dirt from Emily's hand flew up into the crack in the middle of Nemeton. The sword shook in Lydia's hands for a moment before shooting out of her hands, "What the hell?" Emily said confused. as the sword stabbing into the center of the Nemeton.

The wind picked up more, making everyone step back slightly, grabbing onto each other. The wind started circling around them and the Nemeton as the sword slowly sunk down into the stump and the wind stopped. 

Everyone was quiet and they waited for something to happen but nothing changed. "Okay, that was fun. Um, you guys want to get something to eat now?" Malia asked before she started to walk away. Lydia sighed softly as she looked down at the ground.

Lydia started to follow Malia but Emily just looked at the stump with a sad expression and then slowly started to follow them. The stump started to glow a bluish colour and Emily stopped. "Hey, Guys." Emily said and they all looked back at the stump as light grew down to the roots of the Nemeton.

The light trailed back to the center before forming into a figure. Soon enough the light vanished to reveal a naked  body laying on top of the Nemeton, making everyone's eyes widen. 

"It's Allison." Emily said as they stared at her in shock, "She's alive." She whispered.