Chapter 4: A Sword To The Throat

Start from the beginning

"You think I wouldn't know that you're a spy sent to watch me and do something to my brother?" (Damien, asked)

'...' (Han Jea/Nania)

She touched the thick swords as her lips parted.

"There's no need for you to point a sword at me, I'm willing to be honest" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

She was not scared of the sharp thick sword but afraid of it cutting her for her skin to self-heel in front of him.

She would immediately be considered a witch so the best was to be honest and stay brave.

"Ha, honest? How do I know you won't lie?" (Damien, asked)

He scoffed with a snicker still holding the sword.

'It's obvious he would doubt a word coming from me' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

"Then how about you put the sword down first, listen to me and then you'll know?" (Han Jea/Nania, asked)

"..." (Damien)

He scrunched his eyes with a frown dropping his sword down from her throat.

"Ha" (Han Jea/Nania)

She sighed low at the relief of that now-gone sword.

She raised her head as her blue eyes reflected his golden eyes.

"I am an illegitimate child you should know that already" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

He frowned at her words.

"But what you don't know is that I am not loved by the Anderoth family nor do I want to associate with either them nor the emperor" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

'Now let's play this card' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

"Especially after my stepmother killed my mother and the marquess just stood by it" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

She looked at him with an angry expression.

"!" (Damien)

His eyes widen.

'Sorry Nania but I had to use it...this was revealed after Nania's death in the novel so if I can gain some trust from this then' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

"I hate that family more than you hate them, I want revenge for what they did." (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"So why would I side for human beings like that?" (Han Jea/Nania, asked)

'Vengeance for the original Nania after all' (Han Jean/Nania's inner thoughts)

Damien's expression had eased only his eyes looked at her trying to study her face.

"It's true that they sent me as a spy too, you guessed correctly however I could never do such a thing. I can never harm a baby like that nor any kid" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

She wouldn't be surprised if this confession exactly he'd choose to draw his sword but unexpectedly he stayed still listening just like he told him to.

"As for your excellency no matter how rude you have been to me I could be the least interested in you, that I must say." (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"I just want to live a peaceful life, what I want is freedom'" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

'I want to run away that is but I can't tell him that to his face' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

His lips finally parted.

"You want freedom?" (Damien, asked)

He scoffed again with a mock.