ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 9 :- 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔖𝔞𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔡 28

When they stopped watching the movie to have dinner, everyone sat together. No one enforced house rules, for there were no house tables. The Potter-Black family had wished to have their meal with the Mikaelsons, and their extended family wanted to know them better, so they hung around. To be able to ensure they didn't feel left out *cough*spy on them*cough* Dumbledore had shifted the entire meal upstairs to the room of requirement.

Amethyst was sitting comfortably in between Klaus and Harry, putting most of her bodyweight on Klaus, too tired from the days events, yet still gossiping with Harry about the school in between bites of food. Rather Klaus was stuffing her mouth with food in between her gossiping session, for which he as sent a nasty look by her each time, without fail.

The students of Hogwarts were shocked to see the two cousins who only ever acted as acquaintances in front of the school were laughing about with each other about nothing and everything as if everything one of them said was completely relatable to the other, or they understood things they had never gone through. The cousins had never outright acknowledged the fact that they accepted the other being in such a different house from their own, also owing to the fact that they hated most, if not all housemates the other had, and were quite public about it in some cases.

The cousins however knew that they were their own people with their own attributes and strengths and that their house didn't define them, something their family very clearly understood but most others struggled to, no matter how modern they claimed to be. They accepted each other with their contradicting personalities because that is what helped them to stay on top of the class and successfully administer their carefully planned out pranks. Behind closed doors they were as close as cousins could be, they never let the other show any weakness because at the end of the day both represented the house of Potter and Black.

(Amethyst because her father is a Black and mother is a Potter and Harry because his father is a Potter and godfather is a Black, along with his uncle.)

No one knew they were friends because everyone knew that Amethyst had a problem with every single one of Harry's friends, feelings mostly shared by her family, and most people also knew that her feelings towards her cousins Gryffindor friends were never going to change.

Hermione Jean Granger was too stuck up for her own good, and usually had her nose in a book way too large for her to carry, let alone be able to see aside of. She didn't even consider conversing with her best friend at all because he was socializing with vampires and slimy snakes like his Uncle Rigel and his brother Regulus, or his cousins. Instead, she chose a seat next to Ginevra 'Ginny' Weasley, but apparently the young ginger's elder brother seemed to have skipped the hint because he trotted up to where Harry was sitting with his family and demanded Harry either join his family or he be given Amethyst or Vulpecula's seats, for Harry was seated between them.

Safe to say, Harry shooed his 'friend' away before his family, and the Mikaelsons burst as to how dare he ask for a young lady's seat, and ask her to move away from her family, and how dare he raise his voice when speaking to her. How dare he even think of her. (guess who said that). Harry was seriously reconsidering his friendship with the youngest male Weasley for he had more trust on his sister than on him. No matter how cold they acted at school one of the rules they always had to follow growing up with such a big and diverse family was to never let the others make a fool of themselves in public. They could prank each other and have as much fun as they wanted when alone or with family members but the moment a public eye was placed on them, they were to have each other's backs through thick and thin.

After Ron had sulked back to his family and taken his seat between his father and younger sister a first-year muggle-born Gryffindor looked at Hermione expecting her to have the answer this time also, like she always did. "What is the list of the sacred 28 that you all were talking about, and what did that Slytherin mean by royalty?"