𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾: 𝙶𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚖𝚗, 𝚖𝚊𝚗-𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍

Comenzar desde el principio

So, when Dabi finally saw Hawks emerge from the streets — he had to consciously work to suppress his better emotions. Fucks sake, he almost felt like a child at a birthday party, awaiting a sure-to-be-good surprise.

It was a win-win situation for Dabi, at least, he hoped it was. Not only would getting this information fulfil his assignment — it would also show Shigaraki that Hawks was being played by them — and not the other way around. Dabi wanted to show that he was in control.

"It's good to see you man." Dabi spoke, and sincerely, too, for once. "Hope you're not here to disappoint me."

"I wouldn't dream of it." Hawks responded, standing right across from Dabi.

"Let's see you get down to it then. Who is (Y/n) (L/n) hiding as?"

"Seriously, man? I found you your hideaway girl and you can't even be nice about it?" Hawks prodded.

"I might be after I get the means to find (L/n) myself."

" (Y/n) (L/n). . . She goes by (Cover name) these days—"

What the fuck, Dabi thought. Thinking back, (Cover name) was about 5 '7'... But just — no way! No way she could've been so near him! He probably misheard. Yes, he misheard because of his recent late night escapades.

"—And she works as a full-time bartender at some up and coming place downtown. I believe it's called the Red Herring." Hawks went on.

You're fucking kidding me, Dabi mentally facepalmed. How much more fucking crazy could this get?

"Come again." Dabi barked.

"Sorry what." Hawks drew out forced confusion.

"I said come again."

"Is there a problem, Dabi? I thought I was loud and clear. Then again, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to go through it a second time." Hawks gloated. " Her alias is (Cover name). She's a bartender working at the Red Herring. Not to mention, (Y/n) was actually born in 1999. That good enough for you?"

Hawks figured he was a decent person, but even he wasn't above subtlety tormenting someone else wrongly thinking they have the upper hand.

This all quieted Dabi for a moment. His expression bearing one of contemplation and deliberation, which, considering his meeting with (Y/n) last night — Hawks had an idea of what brought on the immense change in Dabi's demeanour.

"Nah, there's no problem. You held up your end of the deal, so, it looks like I should let the boss know. Thanks." Dabi let out.

Dabi turned and left the alley immediately after.

"Fucking prick." Hawks cursed, since Dabi had left the vicinity.

You had sworn that the clock had struck noon not-so long ago. Besides, since then, you couldn't sit still in anticipation of someone's unwelcome-welcome arrival.

It was partially an unwelcome arrival because Dabi had to be up to something; something that was probably nefarious in nature.

It was partially a welcome arrival because as much as you disliked or suspected the man's motives, that didn't mean you disliked or suspected the man himself. Certainly not the man you met throughout the week, that is.

It was sort of a funny situation, you thought. You were going to meet him during his 'work hours' this time. Alas, it was a shame that you had chosen such drastically different career paths. Though, those paths still placed you in each other's. . .

You paced about your kitchen.

Then your living area.

Then your office.