Ch. 31- All That Glitter is Gold

"In the crooks of your body, I find my religion."

Six months later...

To say I was giddy with excitement was an understatement. Today was the day I will marry the love of my life for the second time and it felt like the whole universe was rejoicing from the moment the sun rose. I was staring back at myself in the vanity mirror while my sister was curling the ends of my hair, our mother concentrated on my bouquet. I examined my features thoroughly, relief flooding through my soul for the millionth time at the fact that I was back to normal. My fangs held strong in my gums and my pointy ears were smooth as they poked out from my hair. Everything was quiet ever since I ended Erebus, even the Fates. I invited them to the wedding as a way to thank them for helping them, but they have not replied yet. Hopefully, I'll be able to see them today. "Are you nervous?" Mom asked as she raised an eyebrow at me from behind. She wore a dress with various colors of flowers embedded in the fabric while her scarlet hair was pinned up into a crown with her daisies attached to the bottom. She wore rose-colored lipstick that was in contrast to her ivory skin, making her the famous Fae that saved us numerous times. A Queen, through and through.

I shook my head once before Kalama held my head still as she continued with my hair. She wore a strapless baby pink gown that made her look even more beautiful, her long auburn hair flowing down her back with a flower crown sitting on top of her head. "No, I'm excited. Happy to see him at the end of the aisle," I held my mother's eye contact as I smiled. "Were you nervous?"

She let out a laugh, a blush forming on her cheeks as she thought about that day. My four best friends were also getting ready for my wedding but stopped as they wanted to hear my mother's story again. "I was pregnant with Kala and Ace, so I was trying not to puke my guts out over my dress. I really thought I would once I walked down the aisle, but then I saw your Father. He always had a way of making me forget about everything else, even my morning sickness. One look at me and he was already crying," Mom shook her head as she recalled the memories. "It was the perfect day. So will yours, Soari."

I beamed. Thinking over the many plans me and Amias and I are planning, I was eager to get this day over with and start making my own adventures. This wedding was for my family and friends because they did not get the chance to be there for the first one. We wanted it to be just us then but we promised to give them this wedding. Eventually, Kalama was done with my hair which was perfect in every way. Tiny white flowers embedded in my hair as it was curled at the bottom, flowing down my back. Now was the time to get into my gown which was made perfectly by my favorite God, Helios. It was pearly white with threads of gold embedded throughout the dress, some threads forming into the shape of the sun with off-the-shoulder sleeves. It was made for me, the sun Princess, and my sunlight hummed in response as I stared at the beautiful gown. "He keeps outdoing himself. I think he might have Aunt Ellie defeated when it comes to finding the most gorgeous gowns."

"I heard that!" yelled Ellie from outside. She was getting everything ready with Velia as she was making all the men shake in their suits by her passive-aggressive threats. It made all of us giggle. It took all of my friends, sister, and mother to get me into this gigantic ball gown that trailed down the floor which would have left me breathless if it weren't for the minimal fabric across my back. It showed my breathtaking tattoo that Helios helped me with a few months ago as I decided that I cannot forget what happened to me and how I survived it all. On my spine was the sun sprawled in gold like it was made from my sunlight itself. Beneath it were the words that reminded me over and over again to never give up. From death to life. A promise, always.

Once we were finished getting my dress on, Kalama helped me put on my heels and I let out a breath of relief as I realized I was minutes away from walking down the aisle to where Amias stood. Mom handed me the bouquet and kissed me on the cheek, her eyes glassy with tears. "You know I'm proud of you, Soari. Not only with what you accomplished to save us but all the other times before." She hugged me tightly and I embraced it fully, grinning ear to ear that we finally mended our problems and are now close as ever. "My sunshine girl. Are you ready?"