Meeting with The general Duke

Start from the beginning

"Pure and strong, yes," Cassius said before frowning a bit. "He has great intelligence but fails to realize that on his own. That bastard Viking doesn't deserve to be called his Father!"

Victor and Eva nodded before the redhead clapped her hands.

"Oh Vic, Hiccup is prefect! He needs us just as we need him! Not to mention, he has a dragon partner like you!"

"I was thinking the same thing Eva," Victor said before gritting his teeth. He grabbed his sword's handle, "But I wish I could have knocked a few senses to those bloody Vikings for their stupidity."

"I myself as well but forget about that – Cassius! We accept to be Hiccup's new adopted parents!" Eva said happily.

"Wonderful!" Cassius said as he stood up, "Here are the adoption papers. I will be sending a letter to the school that they will be suspecting a new student within the month."

Victor nodded and took the adoption papers while Eva went over to a desk. She pulled out a parchment and started writing a list for what she would need for her son-to-be son.

"Let's see, we need to clear out one of the guest rooms with new furniture. Not to mention, a whole new wardrobe – you said that he has green eyes, correct Cassius?"

"Indeed," Cassius replied.

"Perfect! I know what to get – Victor, get your coat! We need to get everything before the stores closes!" Eva happily said.

"Woman! Can't you wait until tomorrow or after I have eaten supper!"Victor shouted though he too was a slight eager to get his future son's things.

Eva pouts, "Oh fine – Ah! In the meantime, I will tell the maids to clear out one of the guest room!"

"Well I should be heading back," Cassius said as he walked over at the entrance door, "Be at the castle gates by tomorrow morning. You can dine with us for breakfast and meet the lad."

"We'll be there, don't you worry about that," Victor said.

Cassius nodded his head before heading out and mounted on his stallion. Victor and Eva watched the king leave their property before the redhead sighs.

"Soon Vic...soon we will be parents. I never thought this day will ever come."

"Neither did I,"Victor said before frowning. "I wonder...if Hiccup is wearing a mask."

"What do you mean, dear?" Eva asked.

"I mean is that Hiccup couldn't show any weak emotions so in order for him to hide it is to mentally wear a mask," Victor explained with a concern face.

"That's not right," Eva murmured, sadly. She grits her teeth in anger, "As if showing emotions is a bad thing. Hiccup needs to be taught that strength is not the answer to be a man."

"Oh he will and we will be the ones teaching him," Victor said with seriousness. "He will know much more from us rather from his own blasted Father."

Eva smiled, happily before walking back inside while Victor looked up at the night sky with determination in his eyes.

"You shall not be alone anymore, Hiccup."

-Meanwhile back at Berk-,

Stoick and Gobber along with Astrid were still trying to find any clues about Hiccup's disappearance.

The three have been searching for the pass four hours and found nothing.

Gobber sighs before walking over to his old friend, "Look Stoick, it's getting late. Why don't we head back? We can search for the lad in the morning."

Stoick ran his hand over his bread before sighing, heavily.

"Very well but we start looking right after breakfast, understand? Astrid, will you be joining us as well?"

The blond Viking nodded, "Yes, Chief. I better get going and get some sleep. Good night, sir and Gobber."

"Sleep tight little lass," Gobber said before turning around to see Stoick looking over at the sea. The Blacksmith sighs, "You're thinking about Valka, aren't yea?"

Stoick sadly nodded, "yea, she was attacked in a raid before when Hiccup was in a wee baby. She said that that beast didn't tried to attack Hiccup or her"

"Aye but then again when you told me that Valka was attacking a dragon, that surprised me,"Gobber said. He adjusted his stone tooth, "I mean she was different than the other Vikings when we were teenagers. She tries to stop us from attacking them during the raids and even reasons with us that the dragons are being misjudged."

"That's Valka for yea," Stoick agreed. He smiled a bit, "No one would question her about it since she had quite a temper."

"True, true but...strangely the dragons did look at her weirdly,"  Gobber sated before clearing his throat. "Well see yea in the morning Stoick. I will look around at the forge one more time if I miss anything."

Stoick nodded and watched his friend to return back to the village before looking up at the night sky once again. He closed his eyes and listen at the blissful night silent for the first time.

"Valka if you can hear me...watch over our son. I will find him and bring him back home. And this time, I will listen to him even if it's a silly request like helping him build another crazy invention...I will fulfill that promise that I made when you left us."

The Chief sighs before taking out the letter that Gobber found in Hiccup's helmet. He reopened it and re-read the message inside.

Dear Dad or Stoick...since you really have not been a Father to me,

If you are reading this then that means I have left Berk on my own account.

I've tried to tell you so many times but you wouldn't listen. I found out before you left your last dragon search, I couldn't kill a dragon. Remember the night that I said I shot down that Night Fury...well I did.

I went out and found him, lying on the ground at Raven Point.

I had a chance...I had the chance to kill the legendary Night Fury but...I...I couldn't. I simply couldn't kill the dragon as I saw myself in him so...I let him go.

I'm sorry if I am a disappointment to you all these years. I know that I wasn't the kind of Viking heir you wanted so...I decided that enough is enough.

I'm leaving with the Night Fury that I shot down and I'm not coming back.

I'm going someplace far where people accept dragons and dragon riders. And if it's possible that I can get to know who I truly am from that place ...

Bye...Stoick and consider me died. Make Snotlout your Heir since he is a 'true' Viking...since It's not...me who can give that to you.

Sincerely,
Hiccup the Useless.

'Oh Hiccup...would you ever forgive me?' thought Stoick. He put away the letter before heading back to his home with sadness in his heart.

.
.
.
.

~TO BE CONTINUED~