Chapter 3: Embarrassment For A Bride

Start from the beginning

'Turn'

She quickly turned to look away as she made eye contact with his golden eyes.

It made her nervous being in front of such an attractive man.

An less to making eye contact.

She was a woman that never got the opportunity to meet a man so it may be a little embarrassing for her to be in their presence.

Her blue eyes moved again now looking down at Elliot who remained on the altar's first step.

Elliot was finally coming down the step approaching her but as soon as Elliot sneaked a glance at the Marquess he looked away turning to look at her for a few seconds with a timid smile before sitting down on his front seat.

'Release'

Not after Elliot sat was when Marquess Anderson threw a last warning glance at her before releasing her hand.

"Behave" (Marquess Anderson, said)

"And be obedient to our emperor" (Marquess Anderson, said)

He whispered before moving away to his seat.

He didn't even acknowledge the duke, he ignored him as if he had a higher status than him.

Han Jea/Nania's attention looked at the Marquess who finally sat before turning away and making her way up the altar steps.

She did not dare to look at the duke yet.

'Click, Clack, Click, Clack'

Heeled steps.

'Halt'

She climbed the three stairs holding her white rose flower bouquet.

Now both the duke and her stood alongside each other.

Damien whose golden eyes looked towards the right while Han Jea/Nania looked down.

'So this is it...I'm really getting married here...' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

'I didn't have time for love before but that didn't mean I planned to stay single. I wanted to get to know someone and marry out of love...now look at me now' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

'A loveless marriage' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

She thought sadly with resentment.

"Today marks a beautiful day where we unite a man and a woman in holy matrimony." (Priest, said)

The Priest in charge of the ceremony spoke with a dry tone as he began the ceremony introduction.

He too must have been annoyed at this situation.

A priest who had to read the vows for the male protagonist the emperor, for him it was a disgrace just as dealing with an illegitimate daughter like her.

'He must hate the fact he has to be here' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

'The audience and he must have noticed it too' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

"Where they shall share the good and bad till death do them part." (Priest, said)

'Till death do us part huh?' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thought)

She thought bitterly.

"Now" (Priest, said)

He turned to look at Han Jea/Nania.

"Do you Nania Abendroth take Damien Zachary Reynolds to be your ledged husband?" (Priest, asked)

"I-I" (Han Jea/Nania, said)