S1 C7 - Their Relationship?

Kaveh woke up and yawned. It was a nice little break, what he had yesterday, but now it was time to get to work. He put on his clothes and rubbed his eyes drowsily as he walked into the living room. It took him a few seconds to realize Alhaitham was sitting on the couch, staring at him. He jumped. "Alhaitham! I didn't know you were still home." For a second, he was about to say Haitham, but he quickly stopped himself. Alhaitham wouldn't appreciate it now.

Alhaitham nodded. "Yeah, that's understandable. How was yesterday? I'm assuming you followed what my note said."

Kaveh was stunned for a second, but then he nodded. "It was quite nice, taking a break. I got the chance to lay back for a bit, but I'm going to have to work hard again today. I'm a bit behind on my projects now."

Alhaitham nodded. "If you're still feeling bad, it's okay to sit it out. By the way, this is for you." He handed Kaveh a punch of mora.

Kaveh looked inside and looked up to Alhaitham, eyes widened. "What's all this mora for?"

"That guy who assaulted you wasn't very hard to find. They gave me the money on his head, but I felt that you played a part in this. That's about ten percent of the reward."

Kaveh nearly choked. "Ten percent?? What do you mean this is ten percent? I could afford to pay for the groceries for over a few months."

"He didn't just assault you, you know. He hurt many people in the same way. He also was handing out illegal drugs and alcohol claimed not to have been produced. The bounty on his head was pretty high."

Kaveh stopped and looked back at the pouch of mora. He didn't want to think of how much pain Karim had caused him and other people. "I appreciate the mora. Thank you. I didn't really help out though, I was just telling you about my experience with him."

Alhaitham sighed. "There you go again, being modest like that. No need to feel guilty for taking it. Don't waste it all in one place, you can buy a drink or two but not too many."

Kaveh nodded. "I should take Tighnari and Cyno out for a gathering. I still owe them for the last time..."

"If that's really what you truly want to do. I'll be heading out now." Alhaitham walked toward the door but then paused. "Kaveh?"

Kaveh looked up from the pouch. "Yeah?"

"How exactly would you describe our relationship to a random person?" Kaveh pondered over this. What an odd question. Their relationship was very complex, as he had told the Traveler. Should he say housemates? No, he wouldn't tell that to a stranger. Friends? Not anymore... Acquaintances seemed like the best answer, but it still didn't fully explain how they acted around each other. He'd just go with that, Alhaitham was waiting for his answer and he couldn't think of anything else.

"I suppose I'd say we're acquaintances. Why do you ask?" Alhaitham inhaled ever so slightly, Kaveh nearly didn't hear him do it.

"Forget it. See ya." Alhaitham walked out and closed the door before Kaveh could even say goodbye. Kaveh looked down at the pouch of mora again. What was that all about? There were two possible moods Alhaitham would be in when he was around Kaveh. Most of the time, he was serious and arrogant, but he acted so kind and caring other times. But, what was the mood Kaveh had seen then? It didn't fit into either of those categories.

He'd told the Traveler about Alhaitham's huge personality and how it was hard for most people to understand, but he didn't really get it either. He is so frustrating... Whatever, don't let him bother you. It's time to head out now. Kaveh inhaled deeply and walked out the door.

Time skip to around 19:00 in Lambad's Tavern

Kaveh was sitting patiently at a table in the tavern when he spotted Cyno and Tighnari. He waved to them. "Tighnari! Cyno! I haven't seen you two in a while. Where's Collei?"

Tighnari nodded as the two took their seats. "Yeah, I've been busier and busier. Pretty sure that's the case with all of us though. Collei was so busy she decided to stay home. Honestly, I would have appreciated it if you would have given me a speedier heads-up. Cyno's been torturing me with his jokes for a while now. Just my luck to bump into him while on my way here."

Cyno said, "I thought they were pretty good actually. Are you sure you're earing me right?" Tighnari groaned and Kaveh sighed. "Get it? Earing me? It's like hearing but I said earing because of your ears."

Tighnari lightly slapped him. "Just stop, please. You're going to kill me with those jokes one day." Cyno smiled. The two looked so comfortable with one another. Kaveh couldn't imagine them separated. Secretly, he thought they made a good couple. He wouldn't tell them that though. It might ruin what they had, and he didn't intend to do that.

Cyno asked, "Where's Alhaitham? Don't tell me he's late." Kaveh looked down at the table and thought to himself, I wouldn't mind if he didn't come at all. It'd be weird, especially considering the conversation they had in the morning.

"He'll be here if he wants to. He's not bound to come. Anyways, let's start eating." Cyno and Tighnari exchanged a confused/concerned look and then back at him. They seemed to communicate through expressions sometimes.

"Kaveh, are you feeling alright?" Tighnari asked. Kaveh looked up at Tighnari.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

Cyno glanced at Tighnari. "Whenever Alhaitham's brought up, you complain about him. And if we're being honest, you even bring him up yourself sometimes. Are you doing alright?"

Kaveh sighed. "I'd rather not talk about it." He picked up a bottle of wine and jugged it down. "Anyways, let's dine. Since I'm so exhausted, I refuse to use my brain these next hours. I don't plan to leave this place until I can barely stand."

Cyno and Tighnari looked worried. "Okay... If that's what you want," Tighnari nearly whispered. The trio feasted upon the meal Kaveh paid for. Kaveh kept drinking and drinking, until his vision became blurry. Before he could open his mouth to tell his friends, he passed out.

The Vulture and the Paradisaea (Alhaitham x Kaveh)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara