S1 C6 - Just About Wrapped Up

Time - 18:52 (Just to clear things up)

Alhaitham knocked on Karim's door. Karim opened it, smiling in a way that would make most people shiver, but then it faded for a quick second after he looked at Alhaitham. His expression changed to a more friendlier one, and Karim said, "Hello, I don't believe I've met you before. May I ask about your purpose here?"

Alhaitham nodded without a change of expression. "I've heard you sell some...special items. A friend of mine recommended the drinks and medicines."

Karim's smile dropped, and he answered in a cool demeanor, "Of course. I'll be happy to see what fits your interest. Right this way please. Shoes should be left at the door."

As Alhaitham walked in, he noticed Kameras scattered around. He gritted his teeth. So that's how he managed to blackmail Kaveh. They both sat down on a large couch. Karim started the conversation. "I would have preferred that you would have sent me a message before you come over to look at what I'm selling. It would have been bad if the Akademiya or Corps of Thirty were watching. Nevertheless, what do you wish to have? I have smuggled drugs, bottles of alcohol believed to be destroyed, and some photos of... pretty people, if you understand what I mean."

Alhaitham nodded. "I'll take a look at all of your options. How high does the price go?"

Karim laughed and turned around. He pulled out some things from his pockets. "I'll just show you some of the photos, since the other options aren't with me at the moment. I would have had them if you'd have given me a heads-up, but that's all right. The price can go up to about the price of a castle's." He was about to turn around, just to have a small blade pushed against his neck.

Alhaitham said coolly, his voice just next to Karim's ear, "I didn't mean the goods, but that does give me a good idea about the price on your head. You know, you're pretty trusting. You didn't even pat me down for weapons. I suppose that works in my favor. The Corps of Thirty will be here soon." He took the images from Karim's hand, but didn't look at them. "These images, do they include the ones you took last night? You must remember them."

Karim laughed bitterly. "Oh, so you are looking for a specific person? Take a look for yourself and see." The blade was pushed closer against his neck. "Yes, the images of the Light of Kshahrewar are in this collection." Alhaitham crumbled the images up and threw them into the fireplace. Karim swore at him. "You fucking asshole, do you know how long it took to get all of those?"

Alhaitham flipped Karim around and answered, "You're sick in the head if you think I give a shit. You search out innocent people to rape and blackmail them, then you sell what you got out of it to more people like you. Fucking disgusting." He tied Karim's hands up with a rope he had gotten in the market. Once he was done, he put the blade next to his neck again. Karim stared at him bitterly.

"I'm guessing you're just waiting for the Corps of Thirty to show up. While we are waiting, might I ask you a question? Why were you looking for Kaveh's images? Is that his name? I can barely remember anyone I meet anymore." Alhaitham gritted his teeth. This man was seriously ill, he showed no care for anyone at all.

Alhaitham chose his words carefully. Who knows what Karim would leak out to the authorities. Of course, they might not ever bring it up to Kaveh, but Alhaitham knows it's better to keep their roommate relationship under wraps. "I knew the Light of Kshahrewar was struggling mentally from something that happened the night before. I figured out what happened, and I felt the need to cut such a criminal out of the community." Karim laughed.

"Please, feel free to give me the details, you seem much closer than that. You know each other on a personal basis, I'm assuming. When you mentioned the people I've hurt, you seemed to be pretty upset. You like him, don't you? Even good friends don't do such a thing for each other. I wonder if he knows." Alhaitham felt his face heat up a little, not sure if it was out of embarrassment or anger. This man was delusional. He pushed the blade closer to Karim's neck.

He snapped, "Don't be ridiculous. We simply know each other." Karim laughed so hard, Alhaitham had to stop him from falling over.

"This isn't simply knowing each other though, is it? I'm guessing you would have burned those images no matter what, but if I told you that his photos weren't there, you probably would have threatened to hurt me if I didn't show you where they were. You care for him. So let me ask you, what's your relationship with the Light of Kshahrewar?" Alhaitham froze. His relationship... with Kaveh? They were roommates, but Karim couldn't know that. They weren't really friends, not anymore. So... what were they?

He shook his head, trying to get himself away from those thoughts. Just managing to stop himself from hitting Karim, Alhaitham growled. "Shut the fuck up. I'd gag you, but I haven't got one on me." There was a knock on the door. "Finally. Do me a favor and shut your mouth, although I'll happily make you if you don't." Alhaitham opened the door and handed over Karim to the Corp of Thirty's forces. "Here you go. I suggest you gag him, he's a real shit bag. Some of his goods are on him right now, but the victims would prefer no one shed eyes on those images, so you should search the place for more evidence."

One of the guys nodded. "We'll do that next morning. Thank you for helping the Akademiya and the Corps of Thirty apprehend this man. Expect a huge sum of money tomorrow morning." The forces then left.

Alhaitham walked home, but it wasn't in the pleasure of justice he'd thought he'd have. Instead, one question was going through his mind. What is my relationship with Kaveh? He couldn't bring himself to find a good answer. He sighed irritated as he opened the door. Shit-filled Karim, making him think of such a confusing question. He then noticed that Kaveh was sleeping on their living room couch. He seemed to be in a pretty deep sleep. A book was in his right hand, which rested on his chest. This dumbass... How much sleep has he gotten, working on those projects most of the night? Alhaitham gingerly picked him up and carried him to Kaveh's room. As he placed Kaveh down, he twirled his finger through Kaveh's long blond hair. "Goodnight. See you in the morning," He said softly.

As he turned to leave, he heard Kaveh mumble softly, "Please... Let me go... Help..." Alhaitham felt terrible. My archon, he's dreaming about it. That's why he was screaming in the night.

He pulled up the blankets and tucked himself in. He wrapped Kaveh's waist and whispered softly in his ear, "Shh, don't worry. He can't hurt you, he's imprisoned now. I'm here. Go to sleep." Kaveh seemed to ease up a little bit.

It could be hazardous to show feelings for people. When you were involved with dangerous people, it could end up with your loved ones at the tip of a blade or hurting from something worse. The best thing to do was hide it. He cared for certain people. The Traveler was one of them. He wasn't as worried about the Traveler, but Kaveh... He had gone through so much. These nightmares were a good example of his pain. It could permanently break him if he were to be pushed further. Alhaitham refused to let that happen.

Did he care for Kaveh as more than a friend? Well, Alhaitham couldn't get himself to leave Kaveh alone when he was like this. Frankly, he wasn't sure that knowing was a good thing. If he liked Kaveh as something more, he'd either get closer (which could hurt Kaveh mentally or physically) or push himself away from Kaveh (which would hurt him emotionally.) It would be harder to maintain the relationship they had at the moment. But now he couldn't stop wondering about it. Fuck. Well, I'll try to get some sleep, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. He tried his best to sleep, but the question bugged him for the rest of the night.