S1 C1 - A Trick

DISCLAIMER: I have never drunk alcohol before, so this chapter may not be an accurate representation of drinking it.

Kaveh walked along the streets of Sumeru, in a joyous mood. He didn't have any assignments, which was a rare occurance. The short break was quite pleasant. After all, it was quite tiring, putting all he had into every project he had. Kaveh decided that he'd just rest for a solid thirty minutes more, then he'd go back to work.

"You there!" A voice called out. Kaveh turned around to see a white middle-aged man with dark brown hair and a dark brown beard. He wore the traditional clothes of the people living in Sumeru City. The man seemed to be old enough to be the last Grand Sage's son. "Are you Kaveh, the famous architect?"

Kaveh didn't really know how to respond. He wasn't really famous, his creations were. Still, it was quite pleasing to get such a compliment. "Yeah, that's me!" He cheerfully answered. "What can I do for you sir?"

The man put out his arm to shake, and Kaveh took it. The man's grip was firm. "My name is Karim Rahman. I'm so relieved I found you. You see, I've been looking for help. I want to completely create a new mansion for my lovely wife. She will be coming back from her business trip in Liyue. I want to surprise her by gifting her a house much more marvelous than it was before. I've seen your creations, and I think that you will be a perfect designer for me. Here's my address." Karim handed a slip of paper to Kaveh. "Meet me there at 20:00, then we can go over plans for my house." Then Karim waved goodbye and walked away.

Kaveh was stunned. He didn't even manage in a single word in that entire conversation. Still, he felt like he was shining. What luck he had today! It usually would take a couple of hours to find a good assignment, but today it walked right into his hands. Kaveh slipped the piece of paper into his pockets. The timing was really good as well. Usually Kaveh would be locked out of his house, waiting for his arrogant roommate, Alhaitham, to come home and unlock the doors to the house. Alhaitham would come back at the most bizarre times, keeping Kaveh on his toes. This was always so irritating to deal with. However, instead of waiting, he could go over the design plans with Karim. Kaveh smiled and thought, Praise Lesser Lord Kusanali. What a fine day. 

-Time Skip-

Kaveh knocked at Karim's door, with Mehrak by his side. It was a couple of minutes after 21:00. Kaveh felt really guilty for being late, and hoped that Karim wouldn't mind. It was hard to find his house, there were many nearby houses which looked like it could be his. He lived in a very rich village, that was for sure.

Karim opened the door. Kaveh immediately said, "I'm so sorry! These houses all look the same, and I underestimated the time it would take to get here. I really should have started earlier, but I rarely come to this part of Sumeru City." Karim laughed, but he didn't really sound humorous. he sounded... Kaveh couldn't determine the tone. Mehrak beeped suspiciously, and Kaveh caught on to the fact that Mehrak certainly did not trust this individual.

Karim focused his eyes on Mehrak. "Don't worry, I don't mind. You eventually made it here, after all. I feel the need to ask, who or what is that? Some sort of floating... Suitcase?"

Kaveh responded quickly, "Oh, that's my toolbox, Mehrak. He's some of the more advanced technology that was found in the desert, and I use him to help me with all of my projects. He also helps me fight in battle."

Karim looks annoyed by this realization, which confuses Kaveh. "I see... Well, that's good to know. Anyway, come in, come in. Put your weapon and shoes at the umbrella stand." After he put down his weapon and took off his shoes, Kaveh walked inside, with Mehrak floating beside him, and he was amazed by what he saw. The interior design of this place was amazing! The only thing off was that there were Kameras scattered around the living room. "Why are there a bunch of Kameras scattered around here?"

Karim said, "I just wanted to take pictures of the areas that I like, and wish to have in the house you design." Kaveh was impressed by Karim's thinking, and thought to himself that he would take a few, for decorating his and Alhaitham's house. Kaveh pauses and quickly reminds himself that it is ONLY Alhaitham's house.

They both sat down on one of the couches. From here, Kaveh could see that the Kameras were pointed toward this certain couch. Mehrak beeps again, still seeming skeptical. Kaveh finds this strange but doesn't ask about it. Karim handed Kaveh some booze. "Don't be worried, it's really light beer. Feel free to take a sip."

Mehrak starts  beeping more and more. He even gets in between Karim and Kaveh to prevent his owner from consuming the drink. Kaveh looks at the toolbox and asks, "Mehrak, what's gotten into you? It's not strange to drink beer." Kaveh took one sip and bends over, coughing heavily. This was not a light beer at all. It was liquor, and it was heavy. His brain was already starting to feel all light and foggy. Mehrak beeps in worry, and swoops in to look at Kaveh. Unfortunately for the little robot, he didn't have the ability to aid Kaveh in getting up.

"That wasn't really nice. This is liquor, and it isn't light at all. You lied!" He tried to say this in a sober manner, but it came out whiny and small.

Karim touched his face, and Kaveh suddenly felt a wave of fear wash over him. "Well, I thought it would be easier to do this when you are a bit drunk." He pushed Kaveh down onto the couch, and held him down as he took off Kaveh's clothes. Kaveh tried to struggle, but Karim was strong. Mehrak attempted to to ramp himself into Karim, but Karim just tossed the robot into the corner. Kaveh opened his mouth to shout, but after Karim gave him a cold look, he couldn't get the words out. Once Karim was done taking off his own clothes, he said, "You know, if you just would give in and not struggle, it would be easier for the both of us."

Kaveh shook his head furiously. "Not happening. I'm not going to let you do this," he answered, his heart filling with terror. Karim laughed, quite amused.

"Oh really? C'mon, we both know that I'm in full control here. Struggle all you want, but that's just going to make the experience more exciting for me." As Karim forced himself onto to Kaveh, Kaveh struggled and yelled out for help. Although he knew deep inside that no matter how hard he would struggle, it was useless. No one was coming to help. He was alone.