30. Home

Mommy! Mom! I heard Sarah and Kenai in my head.

I fluttered my eyes to see Leah and Embry at the doorway.

"Morning." Embry had a smile on his face.

"You guys are tired." Leah added.

"It was a long day." Jacob mumbled.

"Yeah Kenai told me to come wake you. He was starting to worry."

"Don't worry Kenai I'm fine, just tired from the way over here."

"Jake...Quil...He stopped by." Embry informed us.

"What?" Jacob was surprised.

"Did he say anything?" I urged.

"Just stopped by to see if we were here yet. He saw Sarah in my arms and he was surprised...I kind of told him that you had her and-"

"Don't worry Jake we told him we were back, and that Ness and you had twins, and that we'll be in La Push as soon as we could." Leah explained.

"What?" Jacob seemed upset. "Didn't you notice that the forty days are up? If I go to La Push I have to fight off the Alpha. Either Paul or Sam will try to banish me if I want to stay."

"Then we're in the same boat because we're staying with you." Embry stated.

"We will fight with you brother." Leah encouraged.

"Where's Seth?" I caught their attention.

"He went to get a report from the others. I'm pretty sure knowing what happened while we were gone will be useful."

"Seth?!? He's just a kid they'll slaughter him!" Jacob was worried.

"Calm down they won't do anything to him. We really need to know what happened." Embry explained.

"Jacob they're right, how can you go to La Push if you don't even know who's Alpha?" I added.

I heard footsteps at the front door. I thought it was funny that even though I've been gone for two months I was in sync with my house and my environment.

The door came open. "Guys?" It was Seth.

"Over here!" Leah called.

"Oh, hey Jake, Ness." He turned to the twins. "Hey Kenai, hey Kenai." They both laughed. "Hello Sarah...Helloooo." Sarah laughed too.

"Enough goofing around, what's going on?" Jacob demanded.

"Well...things haven't changed, Sam's Alpha. Turns out that Paul challenged him because he was mad at you for leaving, but Sam kicked his butt. He's nothing but a whining pup. They did the patrolling while we were gone and Jake...Sam seems skeptical of letting go of Alpha."

"What do you mean?" I asked in wonder.

At this point Sam decided what to do, and I knew Jacob would have to fight him just to be on top.

"Well, he did make up a rule he can't really brake. Since Jake left it was up to Sam to choose a leader if not he. He's still deciding whether to let Jake come back or not. I think he's afraid that you'll leave whenever you feel like it, and expect him to hold your spot."

"There's no choice then?" Jacob asked.

"I think you should talk and if no agreement is made...fight for your rightful place." Leah answered.

"I think a visit to your dad's is needed then." I suggested.

"Actually he's not here." Seth stated.

We looked at him for a response.