Chapter 1 

Ivy's POV

I sat on the banister in the main hall way reading my book and watching the students run by. I got an internship at Charles Xavier's school for the gifted about three months ago, and I've been here ever since.

I have a close friend Jean she's around three or four year younger than me and is a loner kind of a student at the school. The other kids are mean to her call her a freak So she spends most of her time with me.

I don't mind it though. I wasn't to popular in school here for that same problem. The students were scared of me, some of them might still be scared, but that's beyond the point.

I go back to my book about plants trying to block out the noise of everyone else when I hear a familiar voice.

"Ivy! Get your nose out of that stupid book and say hi to me." I looked up wondering who had the nerve to talk to me like that when I saw him

"No way! Alex! What are you doing here?"
Alex and I have always been good friends I saw him as a older brother I could turn too.

We met each other a couple years back and clicked instantly, even if he was clearly on the higher part of the social scale than me and the fact he is older by a couple years but he's always been super kind.

"I'm here for this one." He said pulling someone out from behind him that had bandages covering his eyes. The boy had more gray energy to him like he was upset, and I definitely compared a lot to Alex's energy, especially since it was like ball of sunshine

"Ivy this is my little brother Scott, Scott this is Ivy."

"Hi!"

"Hey, It smells pretty old in here is this a school or a museum?" Scott said

"A little bit of both you'll get use to it." I told him

I walked with them looking for the Professor when Scott and Jean ran into each other making Jeans stuff fall out of her arms but she caught it with her telekinesis before I hit the ground.

"I can't." Scott said suddenly

"Who are you talking to?" Alex asked his brother

"Me." Jean answered

"I just heard you in my head." Scott asked

"This is Jean she's telepathic. She can read minds." I introduced her

"Well stay out of mine. I don't need some weird girl creeping around in there." Scott said in the directions he believed she was standing.

"Don't worry Scott there's not much to see."Jean said turning to me. 

"Hey I never told you my name." Scott realized

"No you didn't." Jean replied

"Aw Jean he's kinda cute y'all could be a great couple." I said to her in my mind.

"Ew! Ivy! Don't start that." Jean said turning and started to walk away

"I can see your aura getting pink!"

"Shut up." Jean said out loud turning the corner making me laugh

"What was that about." Alex questioned

"Nothing we just had a little chat. I'll tell you later."

"Are you telepathic too." Scott asked "No, but if you think loud enough, she'll hear you."

That's when Hanks found us
"Alex Summer?"

"Hank McCoy! Whoa! What happened to the big blue, furry you." Alex asked

"Uh I keep him under control now."

"Well this is my brother Scott."

"Hey Scott I'm Hank McCoy. I'm one of the teachers here." Scott didn't say anything just nodded

"Where's the professor." I asked

"He has a class that should be ending soon just down this hall way. Let's go." Hank said

Alex and I guided Scott through the hall and around a corner where we found the professor what's a group of students talking about literature?

"What do you think the author meant when he wrote all that?" he asked as he turned around in his wheelchair spotting us
"That's going to be your assignment for tomorrow. Top marks everybody class dismissed." He said, making all the kids pack up and exit the room.

"Alex it's good to see you." Charles said as Alex left Scott with me to go hug the professor.

"Ah you too."

"You look well it's been awhile." Xavier states

"Yeah it has. Not to bad yourself."

"Thank you."

"This is my brother Scott."

"Hello Scott and welcome to the school for the gifted." Charles said

"Yeah, it doesn't exactly feel like a gift." Scott answered it was clear in his voice and his aura that he was not very happy about his situation.

"It never does at first." Charles said before he told us to follow him outside

We follow Charles out across the yard over to where Jean was shooting arrows across the lake at a target.
I could see her watching us and listening in on the conversation.

"The first step in understanding one's power is learning the extent of it only then can we begin to process of teaching you how to control it if you do decide to stay, I can promise you that by the time you're down here you'll be able to go back into the world and play stable and productive part in it." Charles says.

"Why don't you take your bandages off and we can have a look at what we're dealing with here. Alex, would you line him up facing in the right direction as it where the target just across the lake when you open your eyes. Try to hit that." Charles tells the boy he removes his bandages and Alex learn some up facing the target and we all wait for Scott to open his eyes.

"You can open your eyes, Scott there's nothing to be afraid of it's quite— Charles started but never finished

Let's just say it was something else. The laserbeam's first went into the lake, then through the target and then into the sycamore tree behind the target. 

"My grandfather planted that tree when he was five years old, I swing from the branches of it myself." Charles said, as we watched it split straight down the middle falling to the ground. "I think it was probably my favorite tree."

"Does that mean I'm expelled?" Scott asked

"Oh, on the contrary, actually you're enrolled." Charles answered

"Jean I can see that pink aura from here." I sang in my head once I finally got her attention

"You do realize I have A bow and arrow in my hand." She voice to me in my head

I waved my hand and the plant next to her ripped the bow and arrow out of her grasp

"Now you don't." I voice in my mind with a big smile in her direction before walking off with the professor Alex, Scott, and Hank heading back to the school.

"Ivy!" She yelled

Word count 1155

Pls vote 🤍