Arc 3.1

He felt an invisible pressure from all directions, heavily clinging to his limbs and pulling him down. Water? The water flowed into his mouth and his nose, making it difficult for him to breathe. A painful feeling filled his chest, like his lungs were slowly constricting as he fell deeper into the heavy water.

The water was rough and turbulent dragging him down forcefully and darkness filled his groggy mind. His arms felt heavier and heavier until he could hardly raise them. He was so sleepy, the sensation pulling his mind slowly to rest.

"Realm Master! Swim!" Xiao Shu's voice was loud and clear in his mind, causing Shen Jiyu to snap awake. He was drowning.

His lungs were starting to burn and his vision had started to spot. He attempted to pull some energy into his body but the spiritual energy scattered as if there was no spirit Root in the body. That was bad.

He calmed down and tried his best to relax his body. His mind recited a sutra, which stilled his body allowing his kind to regain sharp focus amidst the pain. He slowly floated up as he allowed the current to carry him before he started to swim back at an angle away from the current. When he was finally out of the current, he began to swim diagonally to the shore. After a few minutes, he finally reached the shore and tiredly bent over to spit out the water that enter his lungs.

He plopped on the ground, his whole body in immense pain, feeling very tired. Too tired to even scold Xiao Shu.

"Realm Master, I am sorry, This world is a higher realm and under close supervision, I can't descend easily." As the voice sounded, a small red pill floated in the air, "This is a low-level healing pill, it might help."

Shen Jiyu reached out and took the pill. The energy spread through his meridian but he could feel a lot of it dissipating. This body was extremely injured. It did not take a minute before he could feel the effects kicking in. The pain in his lungs reduced and he could feel strength returning to his body.

"Realm Master, are you feeling a bit better?" Xiao Shu asked.

"A little, why?"

Xiao Shu was a little quiet before he added, "It is time to run." As if to reply to him, a loud roar sounded in the distant forest, several roars echoed as if to support the first one.

Shen Jiyu did not need to be asked, and he got up from the floor, choosing the direction farthest from the first roar and made his way there. East, the cities were always in that direction.

**

Shen Jiyu has never suffered the way that he did in the last seven days. He was either running, swimming or doing something similar. Xiao Shu had apologized several times but there was nothing that could be done about it; in the entire realm, only two people who could host Shen Jiyu's soul, one was a three-month-old baby and another was this severely injured, cultivation waste, no, not waste, that was rude, whatever was, that was stranded in the depths of the forest. How could someone who could not even hold a strand of spiritual energy make it to the literal depths of the forest?

Shen Jiyu had always believed that he was good with hardships, after all, Lord Zamir had sent him to various black zones and abyss since he was a child. Those places were so dangerous but Shen Jiyu had survived just fine. No, it was as if those lands that could kill an immortal in a second had nothing to compare with this small forest. He could not inject spiritual energy, the body was so injured, he could not use his divine sense, the body was so fragile that it would shatter, he was hungry, he was tired, he was thirsty and his entire body hurt from head to toe. To be honest, if he was rescued from this place, he would make sure that the person would be able to reincarnate into an immortal family of great standing, even if it means going to see Lord Zamir again.

"Realm Master.." Xiao Shu tone carries a little worry.

Shen Jiyu raised his hand to signal him to shut up. He did not have adequate strength to talk to him. His eyes looked left and right worriedly, in this place where he could not even kill a snake, he needed to be careful. He had a small sword in his hand that Xiao Shu had given him. But really, just what kind of rubbish body is this, can not even use a spiritual treasure of the smallest level without being even more injured.

"Realm Master, if you make it across to the river in the distance, you might find a ferry that would take you to the city. I can feel the presence of several people in the river. Maybe someone would take pity on you and ferry you across." Xiao Shu paused for a while before he said, "Realm Master, run to the river, run as fast as you can."

Shen Jiyu pulled up his entire strength and took off running but he could hear the hooves of some kind of animal running with speed towards him. It was nearing, Shen Jiyu was sure that he could not outrun him. His eyes were extremely calm as he turned to the beast. It was a large beast that looked like a mix between a wolf and a horse, it had two horns and its body looked thick. There was no doubt, he would be torn apart and his bones would be broken.

The animal roared and Shen Jiyu grasped the sword, he jumped upward and thrust towards the beast's gaping mouth. His sword pierced the throat of the beast and Shen Joyu could feel the intense pain that using the sword brought. He spat out a mouthful of blood. The beast roared angrily and slapped Shen Jiyu.

Shen Jiyu felt as if a heavy hammer had struck his chest and he sat another mouthful of blood. He was thrown backwards and slammed on the shore of the ground. He was covered in dirt and blood but he hurriedly got up. It was not in the laws of the Shen Family for one to die lying down. His vision was filled with spots of red and black as he grasped the sword even tighter.

The beast roared and it kicked, rushing towards Shen Jiyu. At that moment, a terrifying lance made out of dark ice came crashing down.

Bang!

It struck down, precisely piercing the beast into two.

Shen Jiyu still stood in front of the river, sword in hand and his face devoid of color when he saw him. Long flaming red hair and argent eyes as sharp as steel. His lips bent awkwardly, he wanted to smile, but he failed to.

Then, like a broken butterfly in the winter cold, Shen Jiyu began to fall…

Hope you enjoy reading this book. If you enjoyed it, please head to Webnovel and read the complete version of this book. https://dynamic.webnovel.com/book/25652339105509505?utm_source=writerShare&utm_campaign=4313215511