Arc 1.13

"Wake up!" Shen Jiyu said as he opened the curtain allowing the warm light of the sun to envelope the dark room. 

Nian Zhen's eyes blinked open and he looked at the Alarm clock in front of him; with a voice full of sleep he murmured, "7'o clock? Lu Yan, are you possessed?"

Shen Jiyu rolled his eyes. After six months, he had already learned a lot about Nian Zhen and how the other was a bed hoarder. He really hated to get out of the bed in the morning and took about two hours to finally wake up. 

He walked up to the bed and pulled the blanket away, flinging it to the nearby chair. 

"Today is the day I will shoot my first movie. Should you not be there?"

Nian Zhen groaned into his pillow. Hell, this person was the personification of hell. He just wanted to have a nice sleep, was that too much to ask? Sometimes, he felt that Shen Jiyu hated him and loved to punish him. 

"That is by 2 pm."

Shen Jiyu smiled, "Should you not help me rehearse? It is my first time acting, although I am sure I will do a great job. Do you..."

"Lu Yan?" Nian Zhen's voice was frighteningly cold.

"Yes?"

"Get out!"

Shen Jiyu reached for the pillow that Nian Zhen was grabbing tightly and flung it away before he strutted out of the room. He ignored the scream of his name behind him and closed the door quietly. He walked back to the living room

He stood in the middle of the room and looked around. It has been half a year since he first entered the room and a lot of things had changed. The living room which looked like a guest room now had traces of human existence everywhere. In front of the television, there was still scattered game equipment.

Looking at them, Shen Jiyu felt a surge of fresh morning anger. He had bullied Nian Zhen into playing this game with him last night and the other had completely thrashed him. Five-zero. Shen Jiyu gritted his teeth and as he stored away the game equipment, there was no gentleness in his movement. How had he lost just like that?

There was a knock on the door and a young man entered. He was slim and a little short with short black hair and black eyes. He carried several bags and there was a large smile on his face.

"Mr Nian! Lu Ge! Breakfast is here!"

Shen Jiyu narrowed his eyes, "Xiao Shu, do you know how to play Call of Duty?"

Xiao Shu shook his head and hurried to place the bags on the table. He went to the kitchen and brought out some plates before he returned to the living room and began plating the food for both himself and Shen Jiyu.

"Lu Ge, I can't believe you would be shooting a scene in the Ascension of the Demon King. Ah! That is my favourite Xiaxia drama. Do you want me to help you rehearse after  breakfast?"

Shen Jiyu rolled his eyes, "Let me guess, it is another movie by Mu Ze." He took out his phone and opened Weibo. 

The moment Weibo opened, a lot of notifications burst out and almost froze his phone. Shen Jiyu gritted his teeth as he hurriedly switched over to a small side account.

'Mu Ze' was still trending at the top of the hot search. Mu Ze was Shen Jiyu's senior. He was the last artist that Nina Zhen signed before him and was Nian Zhen's top money maker. 

Unlike him, Mu Ze took the purely acting route and his movies were hits after hits. He has won several awards and was a household name. 

Shen Jiyu looked away from the tag and looked at other hot searches before his lips pulled up into a smile.

'Lu Yan's new song' was number five. He clicked on the topic and saw the preview of his new song that had been released by his main account yesterday. There were close to fifty thousand likes and over 30,000 comments. Not bad!

At least compared to MuZe when he just entered the acting industry; Shen Jiyu was doing much better.

Xiao Shu brought over a plate of food and a glass of soy milk, he sat next to Shen Jiyu and his voice entered Shen Jiyu's mind, "Realm Master! You don't have time to be worried about Mu Ze. We are reaching a very important part of the plot. After Lu Yan's guest appearance in the 'Ascension of the Demon King', he would gain an insane number of fans. Nian Zhen would have a meeting with the Shareholders of the company to discuss the role the signed artists would play in the upcoming election and guess who he would meet there."

"Xui Fan! It is time already."

Xiao Shu was a little worried, "Realm Master! I have been tracking Nina Zhen's movements. He is still contacting private investigators and collecting secrets about Xui Fan. I don't think he is letting go of his obsession anytime soon. Although I don't also think that he would use you anymore, you have lived with him for six months. Even if it was a pet, you would have soft feelings for the pet."

"True but who knows what goes through his head? " Shen Jiyu said with a smirk on his face. He was not worried about it. He would give Nian Zhen a chance and if he disappoints him, he would strike back where it would hurt him the most.

"What are you two whispering about?" A gentle voice sounded from the top of the stairs.

Xiao Shu abruptly stood up and greeted Nian Zhen respectfully. After all, the body that he had possessed was a small assistant in the company.

"You are finally awake!" Shen Jiyu said, "Normal mortals should sleep for eight hours but counting the hours of your nap and night sleep. You sleep for 9 hours, and 45 minutes. You are not normal.''

Nian Zhen stared at him for a minute, his eyes wide like he could not comprehend any word that came out of this person's mouth. In the small diary in his mind where he wrote down the qualities of Lu Yan, he added crazy at the end. He ignored him and walked to the espresso machine to pour himself a well-deserved coffee.

"Are you sure that you should be drinking this much coffee? According to..."

The moment Nian Zhen heard that familiar 'according to', he could feel a buzzing in his ear. "Lu Yan!"

"Yes?"

"Shut up!"