Arc 1.15

By the time Shen Jiyu finished changing into his costume and applying make-up, it was ten minutes after 2 pm. He drank the last of the boba tea that Xiao Shu got and headed to the shooting scene.

"Lu Yan." A low voice called and Shen Jiyu lifted his eyes. The other person was at least 188cm, he was a little taller than him. His face was smeared with blood and his long hair was tied back with a simple wooden pin.

"Mu Ze." Lu Yan also greeted back, ignoring the eyes of the posses that followed behind Mu Ze. He was still maintaining what he had said to Nian Zhen, he was neither going to call this person Senior nor ge.

Mu Ze looked down at him before he looked around, "Since you are here, Zhen ge is around somewhere. Where is he? Or wait, did he finally leave you to do something on your own? I am happy for you."

"Xiao Mu. Be kind to your junior." Nian Zhen's voice came from behind Shen Jiyu and he turned back to see Nian Zhen walking towards them. He wanted to smile but then settled for nodding at the other.

"Zhen ge, you really came." Mu Ze was known around the circle as a very serious actor but right now he had a smile on his face, his eyes were gleaming and Shen Jiyu could even see a tail wagging behind him.

"Of course, This is the first time that I am shooting. Zhen ge came to cheer for me." This was the first time that Shen Jiyu called Nian Zhen, Zhen ge and when he did so, his voice was soft as if he was hiding some kind of secret.

They both stared at each other, not bothering to hide the apparent dislike that they felt for each other. In the end, it was Nian Zhen who had to break the tense atmosphere.

"The both of you head to the shooting scene now." 

"Alright, I will act extra well for Zhen ge today." Mu Ze said before signalling to his assistants and leaving. 

Shen Jiyu on the other hand didn't move an inch. Nian Zhen signed and pushed his glasses up, he knew just how averse to simple commands, this little artist of his was.

"Lu Yan. What have I told you about getting along with...."

"I have heard, this time I was wrong. I need to go."

After saying this, he walked to the shooting scene faster, he was three minutes late. When the assistant director saw him, he wanted to say a few words but saw Nian Zhen coming behind him and shut his mouth. Nian Zhen was not just the manager of the protagonist, he was also one of their biggest investors. As for why someone as rich as him loved to run around to play manager, both the director and assistant director did not care, as long as he continued to invest in their movies.

The Director waved and a staff member brought out another seat for Nian Zhen to sit down. "Mr Nian. We are happy you came to watch. Please come and sit here. Xiao Yan, go and take your place."

Shen Jiyu was helped onto the tree and he lay down, closing his eyes. He did not have any words in this first scene.

The assistant director arranged everything properly and came back, "Director Chu, we are ready to shoot. All departments are ready."

The director yelled, "Action." And everywhere feels silent.

The sound of swords clashing came from far till it reached under the tree where Shen Jiyu was resting.

The voice of Mu Ze was a little high and aggrieved, different from the low, mature voice that he had heard earlier. Shen Jiyu had the urge to laugh but he restrained it. 

He took a breath, right now, he was not the Shen Jiyu that was sent to the lower realm, he was not Shen Jiyu the clan head of the Shen Clan, he was Shen Jiyu, the Realm Master of Penglai, who had been tasked to bear the skies of Penglai.

Below him, Mu Ze continued to quarrel with the five disciples of his sect. "I won the three-coloured lotus fair and square. Ambushing me like this is against the laws of the sect."

"What are you going to do? Run to Junior Sister Zhi Ruo and complain, "What kind of man hides behind the skirt of a woman?" As they talked, they continued to fight until Chu Yan's back hit the tree. 

The Moving camera took a close up of Shen Jiyu but as if he could be bothered by the noise of mortals, he continued to rest.

"Stop. I give up!" Mu Ze said as he breathed heavily. His eyes were extremely dark but his expression was filled with reluctance and pain. He took out the three-petaled lotus and the five people surrounding him swallowed, greed appearing in their gazes. 

"I will give it to you people, but it has only three petals, which one should I give? Brother Zho Rong and Brother Rong Shu, would you give up so I can give the three senior Brothers each petal of the lotus that could speed up the cultivation process."

The fat brother Rong Shu snorted, "Impossible. I was the one who reported your location to them, I deserve my share."

"We can give the two of you gold."

"Gold, my as*"

The five of them began to fight and came to blows when the disciple who was backing Mu Ze fell to the ground. Taking their moment of distraction, the poisoned sword took the life of the other two. He fought a while with the fourth person before he fell as well.

Rong Shu slumped to the ground, his eyes wide with terror and his voice cracking as he begged, "Big Brother, Chu Yan! We are friends, right?  I don't want to die. Don't kill me. Please let me go, I promise not to tell anyone."

Mu Ze smiled, "Okay, you can go."

The plump actor stood up but he did not move up to four steps when the prop sword hit the prop at his back and blood poured, staining his light blue robes. 

 "I was right, one can not have any friends in this wicked world." He snorted but his fingers trembled, causing the sword to fall from his hand, showing that his mind was not as calm as he pretended. As Mu Ze bent down to pick up the sword, he stared at his hand, his hand was white but Mu Ze's eyes were hazy and frightened as if the white hand was soaked with blood.

Director Chu wanted to get up and shout. Mu Ze was an exceptional actor but he had not seen this kind of flawless acting from him in a long time. He looked at Nian Zhen but the other was staring at the uppermost part of the monitor.

Director Chu had almost forgotten, Mu Ze's last statement would cause the aloof immortal to open his eyes and look at the youth below him. This scene was just the immortal having an impression of the protagonist. Director Chu just hoped that the youth's acting was not that bad, but even if it was, he could still bear it, the youth's face was a good fit for the description of the aloof immortal that practiced the Emotionless Dao.

Shen Jiyu leaned up the tree before he opened his eyes. His eyes were extremely indifferent without a trace of emotion. He looked down from above, sweeping his gaze towards the direction of Mu Ze. he paused for the tiniest of seconds before he looked away.

The entire shooting scene was quiet before the sound of a cup crashing on the ground broke the silence.