‣︎︎CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN:

THE END

☍︎︎

TO SAY DAISY WAS DISAPPOINTED WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT.

After spending nearly three months looking forward to returning to Hogwarts, and spending just barely over that actually in class — she felt incredibly unprepared for the upcoming year.

Not to mention, she'd missed almost the entire year because she was petrified because there was — get this — a giant snake, basilisk to be precise, stalking muggleborns around the school and petrifying them.

According to Harry, no one had died since Moaning Myrtle in the 1920's, but everyone thought it was Hagrid, who had been expelled from Hogwarts in his second year because of this incident occurring then, but then people accused Harry because he could speak parseltongue.

As if that wasn't strange enough, it turned out to be Tom Riddle, the boy from Daisy's diary that Theo destroyed — though, apparently not well enough because Harry informed her that Ginny had found the journal and slowly got possessed by it — and managed to control the snake.

Which Harry killed.

In the Chamber of Secrets.

While Ginny was dying.

Oh, and apparently, the diary mentioned her to Harry, who accused her of setting it on Ginny.

To say they weren't speaking after the fact was an understatement.

"You ready?"

Daisy looked up with a soft smile at Cedric's gentle expression. He'd waited outside the Hospital Wing for her all morning while she came out of her petrification, and asked Madam Pomfrey to escort her back to the Great Hall.

He "didn't want anything bad to happen to her again, even if the school was safe now."

She had a feeling it would be like this a lot next year.

"Yeah," she replied easily, following next to him as he filled her in on the year.

Apparently, Sam and Jenny had started dating— which didn't surprise Daisy too much, seeing as they were almost always together and, according to Cedric, had spent nearly everyday together.

Theo had visited her, Cedric explained. He, Theo, and Harry were at her bedside everyday, but when Hermione was petrified — Daisy gasped in shock — Harry spent most of the time with her. Before he saved the school, of course.

The Great Hall was packed with students when Cedric and Daisy followed the rest of the petrified students — Justin Finch-Fletchley, Colin Creevey, Penelope Clearwater, Nearly Headless Nick (the Gryffindor ghost) — and spotted Blaise smiling from the Slytherin table.

Cheers erupted through the hall as Hermione rushed towards Harry and Ron, and Daisy tried to ignore the hurt when Harry didn't glance up at her — he'd already said his hello, she reminded herself — and gave Cedric a tight hug.

"See you on the train, alright?" He smiled down at her, to which she nodded and headed in the direction of her house table.

"Daisy!"