‣︎︎ CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
THE BIG BATTLE

☍︎︎

SLEEPING ESCAPED DAISY FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR, UNLESS SHE MANAGED TO GET A FEW MINUTES IN HISTORY OF MAGIC OR IN THEO'S LAP IN THE COMMON ROOM.

Despite this, sleep wasn't the forefront issue on her mind.

She half-expected Voldemort to burst into the school, philosopher's stone in hand. Harry and his friends hadn't approached her since their detention, but she hoped they'd take him on soon. Actually, she hoped they'd go to a professor or Headmaster Dumbledore soon -- she was sworn to secrecy, otherwise she would have.

To keep her mind occupied from focusing on her impending doom, she focused on exams. She, Blaise and Theo spent the night before their first exam cramming in any extra information, and Cedric quizzed her in each class the week before.

They'd each been given new quills, especially for the exams, all under an Anti-cheating Charm. Her written exams were the easiest, she practically flew through them. Her Potions exam was particularly easy, despite having a stressful year in it, she'd taken a knack for the class. She supposed doing all the work and proving herself to an unrelenting, vindictive professor would help her do that.

Unlike Malfoy, who was nearly the last one done with his essay.

Of course, Snape mocked her for finishing her written exam first, claiming she was rushing and would easily make the most mistakes of everyone in the class. (This, he said of course, in front of the class.)

She didn't let it get to her. She had a feeling he wouldn't be around next year after they busted him with the stone. Instead of growing embarrassed or flustered, Daisy simply smiled at her her potions professor and handed him her essay with confidence. She knew she'd do well on it.

Unfortunately, the day before her practical Transfigurations and Charms classes, she'd reopened her wound on her palm and Madam Pomfrey was fresh out of healing cream, used up on a Hufflepuff Quidditch Keeper a few weeks prior.

"I can wrap it for you, but it's going to sting. Be more careful next time."

It wasn't as though she were uncareful before -- she'd been in Flying Lessons and a bit of splintered wood sliced it right open. It wouldn't have been a bad cut, but because she already had an injury, it made it worse.

"You're going to fail and get kicked out," Malfoy sneered upon her arrival in Transfigurations. "Stupid mudblood."

Daisy turned to him with a scowl, trying to not take his words to heart. She didn't care about his opinion, he was just a sad bully.

"Seems to me like you're nervous -- did the Professors not accept a bribery from your daddy to let you pass classes? Pity, I'm sure someone will miss you next year."

His eyes narrowed and he turned his head, glaring at the table in front of him. Daisy rolled her eyes, catching Blaise's eye from across the room and he smiled over at her. She waved, smiling brightly, but it fell as soon as Professor McGonagall entered the room.

"Your written exams are complete, now all I require is a simple spell. Everyone, line up outside the classroom, we will be doing these exams individually."