‣︎︎ CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
SECRET CONVERSATIONS

☍︎︎

GRYFFINDOR WON AGAIN, THANKS TO HARRY.

Part of Daisy didn't mind the loss -- the smug smirk on Draco Malfoy's face had been wiped clean off and she preferred it that way. With her morbid thoughts about family and her rivalries in Slytherin, she claimed any win against them as her own.

Wanting to congratulate her cousin on a match well won, Daisy jogged after him as he went to the broom-shed to put his Nimbus Two-Thousand away. She waved goodbye to her friends, who were a little down after the match, and caught up with Harry, waving eagerly.

"Great match, Harry," she began as he tucked the broom away. He turned back, the small smile growing at the sight of her.

"Thanks Daisy," he reached out, pulling her into a small hug. He smelt like sweat and grass, but she didn't mind. She'd missed him the past few months. "It feels good to win again."

"Malfoy's furious," Daisy smiled cheekily. "He's walking around the stands pouting. Last time you won, he talked everyone's ear off about the 'horrible Harry Potter and his horrible skills'," she laughed, remembering his red face when she joked he might be in love with Harry, "it might be wrong of me, but I'd prefer you keep winning. Just to make him mad."

Harry laughed, but fell quiet a second later, something catching his eye behind Daisy. He stiffened. "I've got to go," he said quietly, moving to walk past her.

She caught his arm, giving him a confused stare and glancing behind her. Professor Snape was nearly at a jog, rushing into the Forbidden Forest. She looked back at Harry, then back at Snape.

"Harry, what? He's probably getting potion ingredients or something," she reasoned.

Harry shook his head, glancing at her. He hesitated, debating something. And then --

"Daisy, Snape's trying to kill me."

Daisy's eyes nearly bulged from her skull. "What?!" She demanded. "That can't be true. He's a right prick but --"

"--Daisy, if you don't believe me, fine, go back to the Slytherins, but he's up to something. I know it. Now let me go."

Harry appeared to be hiding something and she narrowed her eyes. "Fine, I will on the condition that you tell me everything and I go with you."

Harry's expression grew uncertain. "Okay," he relented, eyes flickering to where Snape had disappeared into the Forbidden Forest. "C'mon then, I haven't got much time."

Daisy let go of his arm and he grabbed his Nimbus Two-Thousand back out of the shed.

"Hop on behind me," he instructed and she did as told, wrapping her arms around him anxiously. She'd never flown before, not outside of class --but Harry was a good flyer, aside from that time at the quidditch match before last when he'd nearly lost control of his broom -- but she'd be fine, right?

She felt skittish as they entered the thick hanging brush, just under the tree line, soaring above Snape as he wandered through the forest. Trees surrounded her, dark and ominous, beckoning her, calling her. They seemed familiar, she'd seen them before. But she'd never been in the Forbidden Forest before -- it was forbidden -- how could she be familiarized with her surroundings?