six

i v a n a

"So, let me guess. You are also part of the mafia?" I stared blankly at Caelum, who ordered a bunch of food. Our table was already full of diffrent side dishes and drinks, but it seemed like he couldn't stop showing off.

"What gave you the hint?" A cheeky grin appeared on his face.

I glanced at the two buff bodyguards standing behind him by the door of the private room we were eating in.

"I don't know, just a hunch." I stated and then proceeded slurping my Diet Coke.

It was very uncomfortable sitting here and waiting for Asher and Logan to arrive. Caelum told me he would get them and we could all have lunch together.

"Tell me about yourself." Caelum said. It wasn't a question, but an order. His eyes were fixed on me as he tried to read me and at the same time memorise every inch of my face.

"I am seventeen, what about you?" I threw the attention back.

His eyes widened a little. "I am twenty-three years old."

Silence.

Well, this was awkward.

"You're the same age as him, huh." Caelum mumbled.

"Who?" I asked irritated.

"Nobody." He shook his head and then proceeded smiling at me. "You're pretty, you know that right?"

I felt my cheeks turn red, while I just looked away and drank my drink.

"At this speed you probably need three more of those till your brothers arrive." He chuckled and ordered another one for me.

I looked down at my almost empty beverage. I glanced at Caelum for a second and our eyes met. I knew he was trying to flirt with me and I understood that the way he behaved around me wasn't normal.

He wanted to win me over for some reason.

I wanted to play tough, because the last thing I needed right now was a crush on an older guy, I had enough on my plate already.

Yet for someone who never dated or received any romantic attention from the opposite gender, this new feeling of being interesting to someone was pretty intriguing.

"Ivana." Caelum called out my name with a warm smile.

"You're being way too friendly." I blurted out my thoughts and then bit the inside of my cheek.

Shit. That was rude.

"It's just nice." It didn't seem to bother him. "It's very refreshing to talk to someone who doesnt know anything about you at all. You don't have any hidden motives, you are just Ivana."

For some reason I felt hurt. "Maybe I am an assassin and was ordered to put poison in your drink." I crossed my arms infront of my chest.

"Oh, don't pout, Iva." He cooed.

"Don't call me that." I sighed.

Why does everyone always try to give me this nickname. I tried to suppress the thoughts of that person, yet their image appeared in my head.

But not for long.

He took my resting hand and pulled it towards his face. He bowed towards the offered hand and lightly touched my knuckles with his lips, while holding my hand tightly in his.

This kiss overwhelmed me. He overwhelmed me with his relentless presence, the solidity of him, his scent, the feeling of him holding my hand.

"There is something about you." He paused. His voice is so low I have to strain to hear it. "I want to get to know you better, is that alright?"