Eisen waited for a few more minutes until the ingot started shining a bright orange and then grabbed a pair of tongs to pick it up. He carried it over to the nearest anvil and placed it down, always steadily holding the ingot.

He grabbed the hammer lying next to him and began slowly and steadily hammering onto the iron. He could immediately notice a difference to before. His hand movements were far more steady and accurate as when he was working on the greatsword using the sledgehammer, even without using Tool Connection.

The metal dented under Eisen's impact as he drew it out in length by reducing its thickness.

Every time his hammer connected with the hot metal it got a little bit thinner.

After the soon-to-be knife was in appropriate dimensions, Eisen started to thin out the side where the edge would later be to minimize the amount of ground he would need to do.

Once the edge was formed, Eisen turned the knife around and formed a handle by upsetting a small part of the metal. The process of upsetting is to simply widen a piece of metal by shortening another. Thus, by hitting his hammer against edge-part, Eisen was able to form a square handle.

Since the basic knife shape was now done, Eisen began to lightly hammer against the flat sides of the knife to get rid of uneven parts that were caused by his lack of experience with the system.

Sighing out loud, Eisen brought the knife over to the water-tank standing near him and dipped the hot knife into it. Immediately he heard loud hissing as the metal was cooled down instantly.

He took the knife out of the water and brought it back to lay it down on the anvil. After confirming that the metal could now be handled by hand, Eisen grabbed some files to work on finishing it.

He would have liked to add more steps into it, like tempering the metal afterward, but for right now he would take the filing as a last step and melt the knife back down.

Starting with a rough grit, Eisen evened up the rest of uneven spots that were still left and got onto roughly filing the proper edge onto the knife. Then, with slightly finer gritted files each time, he repeated the same progress until the flat side was completely uniform and the edge sharp enough to cut something. As the last step, for now, he polished the metal at last, finishing the blade.

[You created a Simple Knife]

[Simple Knife]

[Quality - Average][Rank - 0]

[Description] A simple iron knife created by a smith who knew how to handle his hammer, but due to the minimal grade of the Blacksmithing skill and the steps that have been skipped, the quality lacks to what it should have been.

"Damn it... This really was not good. I really should have done better..." Frustrated at the low quality of the Knife, Eisen looked at his finished product and frowned as he picked it up. It's been decades since he made something with such low quality. He stomped over to an unoccupied foundry to melt down the knife and form it into a new ingot.

Once he noticed that Eisen finished his first item, Denmir walked over to ask how his attempt went and looked at the small knife in the old man's hand. "Hmm, it's definitely better than what anyone else in this smithy made on their first try. Including me. Don't be too harsh on yerself, old-timer." Denmir's words slightly helped with Eisen's mood, but he was still far from happy. He would continue making knives of similar quality to level up his Blacksmithing skill, and then once Eisen notices a considerable difference to before, he would go all in. He would prove to himself and everyone else that he was still capable of making great things with his two hands.