•20•

Ha-ri thought for a moment, suddenly connecting the dots. "Did you... turn?" she asked him.

~~~ 20 ~~~

Mi-jin caught up to our group.

She heard what Ha-ri said, and looked down with guilt.

Gwi-nam didn't respond, and just looked at me, wanting me to say something.

"Yeah. He did," I told Ha-ri.

She looked up at him. Min-jae looked at him with a panicked expression.

"He's fine, don't worry!" Mi-jin said.

"You knew?" Ha-ri asked.

"Yeah. Y/n told me," she replied.

"I'm sorry.." I said to Ha-ri.

"Why aren't you a zombie? Do we need to worry about anything? Like what if you just haven't turned fully?" Min-jae worriedly asked.

"No, I'm alright. I think I am what the broadcasting room people called a 'Hambie,'" he started. "A half-zombie."

I walked a little closer to him, looking directly at Ha-ri.

"If he does anything to hurt anyone here, or fully turns into a zombie, I'll kill him myself," I announced.

Gwi-nam gave me a thankful look, but the others still didn't seem too sure.

"What if you get bitten? That would put all of us in danger," Min-jae said.

"I have a knife, remember?" I started. "Plus, Mi-jin has a whole saw now, and both of you have your arrows."

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't care," Mi-jin said.

"It does. Thank you," I replied.

Ha-ri gave it some thought and nodded. "Alright, fine. If anything happens, the blood will be on your hands. Both of you." Her gaze shifted between the two of us.

Min-jae still wasn't convinced. "What really happened back there?" He turned to Ha-ri. "And how did you know he turned?"

"Zombies have good hearing, and he tried to cover his ears when y/n yelled," she responded, then turned to me and Gwi-nam. "What happened? Y/n, did you know he would turn?"

I nodded.

I explained what happened again, this time telling them about the bites on Eun-ji and the things she was saying before and during her attack.

"So there are others like you? In the broadcasting room?" Min-jae asked, a little less worried than before.

"I guess," Gwi-nam replied.

"You trust him yet? Do you trust me yet?" I asked.

Min-jae nodded and started walking to where the ladder was.

Ha-ri also nodded and followed Min-jae.

We all started climbing down the ladder. The two archers went last and helped everyone else.