•10•

I paused and inhaled a deep breath.

"I..."

~~~ 10 ~~~

"I... liked you too. At one point. But I didn't say anything because I didn't think you liked girls," I told her.

"Of course I like girls! It's totally obvious!" Mi-jin playfully punched me.

"Well, what do we do now? I see what you meant by 'awkward.'"

"Did this make it worse?"

"Definitely." I inhaled and held my breath.

"I told you this because I don't know if I like Ha-ri or not or if I like you still..."

"Mi-jin, it's been five years. We graduate this year, and we've grown apart since then. It shouldn't be this awkward."

"Still.." Mi-jin buried her face in her hands.

"Well... There's only one way to tell."

"...What?" She looked over at me, confused.

"There's one way to tell if we still like each other."

"Yeah, I heard you. What do you mean, though?" Her face was very red.

"We could... kiss. And if there's any sparks at all, then we leave this room as girlfriends. But if neither of us feel anything, then... This conversation never happened. That way, it won't be awkward."

"But... what if I feel something, and you don't??" Mi-jin replied hopelessly.

"Don't overthink it."

I looked at her. Suddenly, she pulled me in and kissed me.

There was a time when I did like her, so that part of me was satisfied in that moment. However, I didn't feel like she was the one.

She pulled away and buried her face in her hands as she started shaking it.

"I'm sorry, that was a mistake.." she mumbled out.

I sighed. "I guess you and Ha-ri are meant to be then. I can help you with that."

She unburied her face and looked at me. "Really? How??"

"Well, I could just tell her.."

"No!" she exclaimed.

"Alright. I can hint at it, then."

Oh, I was definitely going to tell Ha-ri when I got the chance.

Mi-jin sighed and relaxed. She looked like a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders.

"Can we still be cool and be best friends..?" Mi-jin asked.

"Yeah, of course. Like I said, this conversation never happened." I winked at her.

I got up and walked out of the room. Mi-jin decided that she was going to stay in the room for a while.

"What'd y'all talk about for so long?" Gwi-nam greeted me first.

"Not much, just catching up on life, I guess," I replied.

"Okay, well, I spoke to some of the members. They want to leave tomorrow."

"That's fine with me."

Gwi-nam shrugged, "We gotta start lookin' for your friends tomorrow, then."

"Yeah." I paused. "Let's tell the others about the food. They're all showing signs of dehydration."

"No, save it for us."

"Gwi-nam!"

"Fine. Go ahead," he said, reluctantly.

I walked over to where Ha-ri, Min-jae, and Jun-seong were standing.

"Hey. I noticed you all were starting to get dehydrated, and you must be hungry. We have a bag full of food, but we should try to make it last," I said.

"You had food and you're just NOW telling us that?!?" Jun-seong whined.

"How much?" Ha-ri asked.

"I have a backpack full. Come, I'll show you," I replied.

"Thank you for this," Min-jae whispered to me.

"Mhm."

We walked back to the weight room. I then remembered that Mi-jin hadn't come out yet, so I stopped them.

"I'll go in first, Mi-jin is still inside," I told them.

I walked in.

"Mi-jin. I have some food and water for you and your group in the backpack over there." I pointed. "I'm gonna let the others in now, if that's okay?"

She nodded at me. "Yeah, go ahead. I'm not hungry. I could go for some water, though."

I nodded back.

I walked back over to the door and opened it for the others. "Come on in."

The rest of the group followed me, including Gwi-nam.

I picked up the backpack and unzipped it. I then handed each person a bottle of water and a ziplock bag with a sandwich in it. "Fill the water up in the sink in there once you're done," I told each person as I handed them their food.

They all thanked me, but Gwi-nam wouldn't take any. "Save it for later, I already had some food today."

"At least take some water," I replied.

"Fine. But I'm only doing this because we can fill it back up."

"Aren't you going to get some?" I heard Min-jae ask me from above.

"Oh, no, I'm alright. I had some earlier. Like Gwi-nam's said, we need to save as much as possible," I responded.

"Okay, but if you get hungry, please do eat. Don't starve yourself."

"She can take care of herself," Gwi-nam said to him.

"Hey. He's just being nice. Chill out," I scolded.

Gwi-nam scoffed, and then walked out of the room.

I quickly apologized on his behalf, "Sorry, again, Min-jae." I stood up.

"No need to apologize. It's a stressful situation, so I get it."

"How are you so calm?"

"I don't know. Inside, I feel like I'm being tortured. But outside, I'm calm. I don't get it either."

"Mm. I'm sorry." I felt bad for him.

"Stop apologizing, you did nothing wrong," he smiled while talking.

"It's still all so hard to comprehend. I've lost so many people, and we still have no idea how bad it is outside of here. Our families..."

Min-jae looked at the floor with a sad expression. "For now, we should worry about staying alive."

"My friends are probably out there, surviving on little to no food and water. We need to find them, fast."

~~~ End ~~~

A/n - Thank you all for reading, once again! Tips and feedback are always welcome, as this is my first book on this app. I love you all!! Have a good day :)

Sorry for this chapter lol.

I am writing too fast, so I will be starting a new book called "Zombee" in honor of this chapter.

It is a Park Mi-jin x Reader.

By the time this chapter is out, the first 5 chapters of Zombee have been released!