•16•

He shook his head. "She was pretty sure I was going to die, so maybe not. I guess we'll find out."

~~~ 16 ~~~

I stayed with him for a couple more minutes, just staring off into space. He put his hands on the stone wall.

A few more seconds passed, and as I was about to say something, I heard bones crunching.

Huh?

I looked over, and Gwi-nam's hand was twitching.

He was breathing heavily, too.

I still stayed by his side. I wasn't scared.

"Why aren't you leaving?" he asked me.

"I was right. You didn't fully turn," I responded, not answering his question.

"I still might. You should leave."

"Well, then who would kill you if you turned?"

He stopped talking and continued to stare into the distance. His hand started twitching worse, then it stopped.

He looked at me, and lifted his hand, like he wanted to do something. He stopped.

"What?" I asked.

"You shouldn't be here. I feel like I'm losing it."

| Gwi-nam POV |

- Back at the office -

All we needed to do was run in and run out, right?

Apparently, it's not that simple.

I heard a girl scream. It didn't sound like it came from upstairs, so I wondered who it was. But I then realized that she wasn't screaming from fear, she was screaming out of rage.

Weirdo.

Some zombies ran up the stairs and flooded the hallway.

Y/n looked at me and whispered my name. She sounded so tired, and worried.

I pulled her to the front of the room and under the windows so that we would be ready for an attack, but also hidden.

The girl started laughing. As soon as she did so, I knew who it was. Min Eun-ji. The girl I used to bully.

Her and Cheol-su were the main victims, so of course she would want to kill me. I couldn't let her find us.

I didn't want to have to kill her.

She ran through the hallway and stopped at the office door. Then, she said, "I hear you."

As soon as I heard the door creak open, I stood up with my knife in hand.

Something about her was off.

She started screaming like a psychopath while looking directly at me.

The fuck?