Chapter 23: Yoo Jeongyeon I

Magsimula sa umpisa

Taehyung: Maybe it's better if you won't tell your parents about what happened.

Jeongyeon: *sighs* Not possible, he will tell them eventually. He's not stupid.

Taehyung: I see. Are you afraid? I can tell them that I witnessed how closely you were monitoring him but he still got away. Something like that, to lessen your punishment.

Jeongyeon: What are you saying? *chuckles* They're not going to get mad at me. Or at least they won't show it. That's how they always are.

Taehyung: That's good then! You don't need to worry. You look worried.

Jeongyeon: When is it gonna be? I want them to get mad. I know that they can't be this understanding. I want them to show it, or else I might be surprised one day that they already had enough.

Taehyung: You talk like you always lose Dong Hee, do you?

Jeongyeon: Not really, I just feel like I am not doing my best.

Taehyung: What if they're not showing anger toward you because there's nothing to be angry at?

Jeongyeon: Are you saying I am making things up? 😒

Taehyung: Yes. *giggles* Kidding! I am only saying that you may be just overthinking.

Jeongyeon: I shouted at him one time and they saw, they didn't say anything. His bullies came at him because I was late in picking him up, they also didn't say anything. There are other stuff that I did and I didn't do as a sister, but they never said anything. They never get mad. Is that even possible?

He didn't say anything anymore and just stared at me intently. I was used to that kind of stare so I didn't mind.

I announced what happened as soon as we came home. I also introduced Taehyung-ssi to my parents and they exchanged awkward smiles.

Hyun Joo: Thank you for helping my daughter out. Ah, you three must be hungry, have dinner here Taehyungie.

 Ah, you three must be hungry, have dinner here Taehyungie

Yoo Hyun Joo, 44

Taehyung: Ahm, ma'am! *gulps*

Hyun Joo: Ne?

Taehyung: Jeongyeon-ah, I saw her earlier... she totally messed up. I think she should be punished because she almost lost her brother!

Jeongyeon: M—mwo?

My father just left for the kitchen and started to prepare the utensils for our dinner. Mom was still in confusion and looked like she wanted to laugh. She smiled brightly and held my hands, I almost jumped.

Hyun Joo: My daughter, you must have been really tired. *pats Jeongyeon's head* What matters most is that you found him. Right, yeobo?

Jin Hee: Ne?