Chapter 11: Controlled Emotions

The whole venue was far from silent, but both Jeongyeon and Jimin couldn't seem to hear anything after she finished playing the piano and stood up.

Jeongyeon finally took the first step towards the man, annoyance visible with the way she strode. However, before she could reach him, somebody grabbed them away as dancers started to fill up the stage and loud music echoed the hall.

Park University's backstage was wide and extended to two small dressing rooms. Jeongyeon and Jimin ended up being in each room and were told to stay and not cause any more commotion.

Since he wasn't supposed to be there anyway, Jimin tried to sneak out, but decided not to after seeing how busy it was outside. He sent several text messages to Dahyun, mostly asking for help to get him out.

Text Message:

Jimin: Dahyun-ah!
Help! I'm backstage
What am I supposed to do?
Ya!
Ya!
Ya!
Help!
Help!!!
I did what you asked me.
It was embarrassing!!
Make sure you'd
give me good scoops.
KIM DAHYUN!!!

End of Text Message

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon easily got out of the room. She looked around as her jaws clenched. She wouldn't let this day end without getting even with Jimin. Why the hell would he do that??? She asked herself. She was so furious for a lot of reasons.

Everyone knew that she was a decisive person. But ever since she met him, her senses never stopped playing with her— going left and right, yes and no. He's nice, no he's not. He likes you, no he doesn't. Heck, she even got confused whether the guy was deaf or not.

She wasn't a fool for not knowing whether a person would take an interest in her, and from the start, she believed that Jimin had shown a lot of signs that he probably liked her. But during their last conversation, he made it clear that he would never, and it was so obvious as well that she wouldn't back out from writing articles against him.

What irked her more was the fact that while they were on stage, her silly mind did it again. It was battling whether she'd accept the rose or punch him on the spot. Maybe, if she'd see him again... maybe, she'd calm dow—

Target acquired!

From where she stood, Jeongyeon hastily charged to the only person she could see at that time and tackled him. The next thing everyone knew, Jeongyeon was sitting on Jimin's torso and she was trying to hit him. People were once again surprised at the turmoil that the organizers were trying to avoid.

Jimin: Sto— Yoo Jeongyeon, are you out of your mind?!!! Jeo— ouch!!!

Jimin held out his arms to keep Jeongyeon's attacks from his face.

Jeongyeon: Argghhhh!!!! Son of a bitch!! You deserv—

It took about four people to pull Jeongyeon up from him and drag her to the same room where  Jimin was. She was still frantic even after the door closed, and she tried to get past the students who put her there. It was like she was a different person as she screamed her lungs out.

Jeongyeon: GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!!!! I SAID, GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!

She was not calming down when the door finally opened, and there Taehyung, Mina, and Jihyo burst from the outside.