#•Chapter 17•#

I felt a hand sweep across my forehead, then warm lips pressed themselves against the skin there. I stirred from my unknown slumber and opened my eyes slowly. I was in my room and it was dimly lit. The hand was still on my forehead . I turned my eyes slightly to see my mom laying down on my bed at my left side hugging my arm to him, while my dad was on right. He was the one who had kiss my forehead. I was buried into his chest while his chin was resting on top of my head, his other arm was wrapped around me and my mom. He was just staring over at my closed closet door. No doubt he was upset with me, but I'm sure more worry was there then anger.

I started to call his name, but a harsh cough came out instead. My dad shot up and so did my mom. "Hurry Jayce give him some water!" My mom yelled. My dad quickly grabbed a glass of water that was on my bed side table. They both help me sit up and I took the water from dad's hand and started to down it without a break. My mom's hand soothed my back as I drink and when I was done, I handed the glass back to my dad and nodded a thanks as I caught my breath. "Are you okay baby?" My mom cooed. I gave him a soft nodded then cleared my throat.

"I'm fine mom, thanks." He didn't seem to convince, so I leaned into his chest and said it again. "I'm fine mom." I couldn't see his face. But, I felt his body lose the tension it was hovering. He wrapped me in his arms and hugged me tight and started showering my face with kisses. Usually I'd complain, telling him to stop and go away. But, I think I put them through enough distress for now. Plus, I was happy to be back inside the safety of both their arms, in my bed, in my home!

Relief quickly washed over me as I sinked into my mom and dad's hold further. They kept apologizing to me, telling me they were sorry for leaving me home alone and that they should have realized something was up with me. Though, they couldn't have known. The only person I mentioned to seeing Hank around was...

"Jo!" I called over my mom's rambling as I shot up from their hold. "Mom, dad! Where is Jo? Is he okay? Was he hurt? Oh, no.. Did-Did Hank kill him?" I wined in panic. Un-fallen tears started to blur my vision as so many thoughts started to pass through my head.

"Oh! Honey he's,"

"Right here." Jo called for my open doorway. A big smile broke across my face and I heard my dad groan before he huffed as I pressed my hand into his stomach and heaved myself from off the bed. I jumped over my dad, before they could finish my name, my feet hit the floor and pain exploded though out my leg and I started to fall. But, Joseph was there way before I could hit the floor. I fell into his chest and squeezed my eyes close as I waited for the pain to subside. I felt Jo's hand rub gentle circles on my back, sending those warm tingles shooting right towards where the pain was coming from. It took a few seconds. But the pain quickly died and my eyes quickly shot open and I looked down at my leg. My breath hitches and my eyes widen as I saw a cast wrapped around it. I didn't even feel it when I was laying in bed.

"You were bitten." Jo whispered and pulled me deeper into his chest. My watery eyes slowly made their way to his face. When me and that Hank guy," He spat his name out like it left a bad taste in his mouth. "Had started fighting, I don't know what went through your cute little head to move from the safety of Matthew, but one of those two wolves that cornered you, bit you pretty bad, however you'll heal up fine. That cast is going to be your best friend for a few months." He finished with a frown. I nodded in understanding.

"So umm.. What happen to the wolves that did this to me?"

"Their dead of course." He said it like it was the most obvious thing. I nodded and casted my eyes off to the side, making sure I wasn't looking at him for my next question.

"And Hank?" I felt him stiffen and his arms tighten around me slightly. He was taking to long to answer so, I hesitantly looked up at him. He was looking down at me with an unreadable expression.