'lifetime' - Moody Spurgeon

» moody spurgeon x female reader!

» let's pretend mary doesn't have a son <3

» also there is a lot of explaining in the beginning to i'll mark the actual moody bit with this 𖣔

ꕤꕤꕤ

mary was 11 when y/n was born. their mothers had been close since school and when y/ns mother passed, mary's mother took her in like she was her own.

while mary's mother worked, mary looked after y/n. they would play outside in the forest, read books together and sometimes play hide and seek. but both their worlds crashed down when mary's mother died.

mary was struck the most out of the two, she became very depressed and left y/n to do most of the house hold tasks as well as school on top of it. y/n and mary soon pushed through all the fights and the pain of loosing someone they love. y/n gave up on school and began working with mary at the laundrette, keeping a roof on their heads was more important than her studies right now.

soon when y/n was 16 and mary was 27, mary met the love of her life. sebastian. he and his friend gilbert helped them move in to their new home where they all lived together happily. y/n began attending gilbert's school and even graduated with grades just as good as the others.

mary also fell pregnant with sebastian's baby, y/n couldn't wait to be a aunt and a god mother. after he niece, delphine, was born she would look after her as mary began work again and while sebastian worked on the farms.

however, mary soon became heavily sick with sepsis. both sebastian and y/n were heart broken watching their girl drift away. y/n promised mary she would do everything to look after delphine and sebastian.

y/n had never cried so hard in her life. she lay on her bed, hoping if she prayed hard enough mary would come back. of course, not every dream can come true.

she began collage with anne and the rest of her friends. she also became a single mother of sorts as sebastian was in the fields working 24/7. though he would do his part of looking after delphine, don't get me wrong, but it was hard for both of them to look after the baby without effecting their future that much.

𖣔𖣔𖣔

College was getting more and more stressful for y/n. before mary passed, y/n was in a year long relationship with moody spurgeon, but after her sister passed she was too preoccupied to deal with relationships. so she did the only thing that felt right. break up with him. did she want to stay with him? of course she did, she loved moody ever so much. but she didn't want to just stop talking to him. she needed less on her plate and she also wanted the best for moody.

but now things have eased up a bit. sebastian's mother is helping with delphine and y/n is finally laughing again. she just didn't know what to do about moody. she wish she could just run over to his dorm and kiss him. but she couldn't bring herself to. she felt horrible for leaving him without explanation and had a feeling he hated her for it. she shouldn't blame him if he did. she had to tell him her feelings, so she did the only thing she was brave enough to do, write a letter.

ꕤꕤꕤ

dear moody ,

i wanted to write this letter to explain everything. i broke up with you for a reason and you deserve to know why. my sister died and i was left to raise her baby, pretty much by myself. i also was left with looking after gilbert's house, keeping up with school work and applying for college. i was just stressed and busy and i didn't want to break up with you, i promise. i was just so preoccupied with life, i didnt know if i could give you as much love as i wanted to give you. please understand i broke up with you because i love you so much and i still do.

y/n.

ꕤꕤꕤ

y/n took a slow and peaceful walk to moody's college. she tried to steady her mind as she was trying her hardest not to just run home and lock herself in her room. she soon made it to moody's dorm room, took a deep breath and knocked.

the door soon opened to reveal moody's roommate, charlie sloane. "hi charlie, is moody here?" y/n said "oh uh i think he went to the library" "great, can you give him this when he gets back?" she then handed him the letter, which was placed in an envelope with moody's name on top. "of course i can, have a great day y/n" "and you" she then began walking towards the exit to only walk into a large chest. she looked up to find herself face to face with moody. "y/n.. hi " "good day moody" she said before quickly running off.

ꕤꕤꕤ

༄ moody's pov

i watched as y/n ran out of the building. i stood in my spot wondering if i should go after her or not. i missed y/n a lot, but we broke up about 2 years ago after her sisters death. i decided to just go back to my dorm room.

once i got there charlie smiled and said " guess what moody?" "what" i said as i sat at my desk "the y/n y/l/n showed up at our dorm asking for you and she gave me this" charlie walked over to moody and gave him the letter. moody opened the envelope and began reading the letter. he was smiling slightly as he folded the letter back up and put it in his draw.

"well.. what did it say?" charlie asked "she still loves me" "congrats man!" "what should i do?" moody asked. the potential love of his life just told him she still loves him. "go get her, i'll tell the professor next lesson that you're sick, now go" moody smiled wide at charlie as he grabbed his hat and ran out the door.

ꕤꕤꕤ

moody soon arrived at your dorm door. he knocked repeatedly before he heard a "hold on" come from inside the room. y/n opened the door and smiled when her eyes met with moody's. "y/n, i read your letter and i get it i know you were thinking of me but i would still have stayed with you even if you ignored me for the past 2 years we've been away from each other. i love you too y/n, forever and always".
y/n then wrapped her arms around moody's neck and said "i'm sorry, i should have just talked to you about it, but things are better now, i'm ready to try again.. you know if you are too" moody pulled her closer by the waist and placed his lips onto hers, they both smiled before pulling apart. "i would wait a lifetime for you my love"

hi lovelies!

thank you for reading, i love u all sm x

word count: 1222!

don't forget to vote!

sincerely, yours. <3