'because i love you' - Gilbert Blythe

» Gilbert blythe x female reader

ꕤꕤꕤ

I was walking to school with Anne, talking about the stories me and her were writing when I heard my name being yelled "Y/N!" I turned around and saw Gilbert "oh hi Gilbert" I said with a smile. "can i talk to you...after school in the forest" he asked "yeah sure" i said then i turned back to Anne who was smirking at me. " lets go y/n i haven't finished talking" said Anne grabbing on to my arm as I smiled at Gilbert before she dragged me away.

After school me, Anne and Diana were walking to a field to write in our books; Anne said a new scenery would help the writing flow, then i remembered about Gilbert " hey guys...i am so sorry but I have to go meet Gilbert, i will see you guys tomorrow morning" I say in a slight panic "its okay see you tomorrow y/n" Diana said calmly. I smiled and ran off to the forest were I saw an upset Gilbert "Sorry I took a while i got caught up in Anne's stories" "it's whatever, you know you used to hangout more but ever since Anne came along you almost never talk to me!" he said in a harsh voice " w-what?" i said confused " ALL YOU DO IS TALK TO ANNE AND NEVER ME!" i looked at him shocked making me drop my book "WELL SORRY I CAN'T JUST BE YOUR PERSONAL FRIEND!" i yelled with tears in my eyes as i grabbed the book i dropped and started to walk away "wait y/n!" he said more calmly. i stop with my back to him " why so you can yell at me again ?" i say as i wipe my tears away and begin to walk faster. Then Gilbert turns me around to face him "look i'm sorry okay" he says calmly "why did you care so much that i'm hanging out with Anne anyway, you have your friends". I turn around and start to walk away when Gilbert says " because... because i love you" you turn around with a surprised look " did you just say-" "yes i love you okay and i understand if you don't feel the same i just  can't keep it in anym-" before he could finish his sentence you pull him into a soft, loving kiss " i love you too".

❀ 400 words

sincerely, yours. <3