chapter 5

At some point, I fell asleep because when I came to, the sun was high up in the sky.

I lay on the couch, staring at the ceiling as I think about what had happened the previous night.

I shake my head at the thought. I wasn't wrong for voicing out how I felt. Taehyung was wrong.

I turned to sit up straight, and on the coffee table, I found a small note.

I picked it up and opened it.

"Good morning, love.
I'll be home early tonight so we can spend some time together. I realised you were right and that I was being a horrible husband.

Don't worry about making yourself breakfast, I already made you some pancakes and bacon. 

I'm sorry... I love you<3"

I found myself smiling at the note. At least he admitted to being wrong.

With that, I moved my pillows and blanket back upstairs. I found our bed already made with another small note on my side of the bed and a black satin dress next to it.
. I pick it up and open it.

"I knew you'd come back :)
I made dinner reservations at a restaurant, so wear this and be ready at 8pm. I'll pick you up and we'll have dinner.

Wear something nice underneath;)"

I chuckle and take the dress, hanging it on a hanger before I make my way down to the kitchen, opening the fridge to see a plate full of waffles and a note on top of it.

I take out the the plate and place it onto the counter before I open the note.

"I dunno if these will taste good...I've never made them before.
If they're good, let me know. If not, save me the humiliation and order ramen for yourself."

I giggle and pick up a waffle, biting into it. It was actually pretty good.

After finishing the waffles I decided to clean the house like I normally would and so I started in the kitchen like I usually do, worked my way to the livingroom and dining room before moving to the guest room.

Then I moved on upstairs into my art room, then to our shared bedroom before finally ending in Taehyungs office.

I was sweaty and and at this point it was 3 pm. So I put my cleaning equipment away and headed to our bathroom, taking a nice and hot shower.

I washed my hair thoroughly and then decided to shave my body.

After a good 30 minutes I step out of the shower and dry myself off, moving to our bedroom to pull on comfortable clothes for the time being before started blowing my hair dry.

After 10 minutes it was dry and so I pulled out my curling iron. I wanted to look pretty for Taehyung tonight and I knew he liked when my hair was curled.

After another 10 minutes my hair was done and I moved on to makeup, applying light makeup to my face.
(Yall...I know nothing about makeup because I don't wear it so forgive me if the explanation isn't making sense)

At this point it was 4 pm and so I decided to watch a movie until 7.

7pm came and I make my way to my cupboard, Pulling out the black satin dress Taehyung had picked.

I stripped myself of all my clothes and pulled on an Emrald green lingerie set before pulling the satin dress on. I added some stockings along with black heels and a black coat incase it gets cold.

I check myself over in the mirror and I smirk to myself. I look hot.

And so, I make my way back down to the living room and wait for Taehyungs arrival.

I waited

And waited

And waited

And waited

And waited.

Tears began to pool in my eyes. It was 10 pm...had Taehyung forgotten?

Defeated and upset, I go into our bedroom and pull all of my clothes off, pulling on comfortable and warm pajamas then tossed the clothes I worn into a hamper. I then remove my makeup and go down to the kitchen to make myself coffee.

And then I waited for Taehyung.

And waited.

And waited.

At this point it was 3 am. Where the hell was he? Is he still in the office?
Was he extremely late and was on his way? Had he gotten into an accident?

That thought quickly left my mind as the front door opened. I could hear shuffling and shoes being pulled off and then the door close. And then footsteps walking toward the kitchen.

The main kitchen light is turned on and Taehyung lets out a surprised yell when he sees me. "Jesus Y/n! You scared me" He says clutching onto his chest.

"It's 3 am Taehyung. Where the hell have you been?" I ask, upset.

"I was at work. Where else would I have been?" He says in a "duuhh" voice.

"I dunno? At dinner with me? At home with me? Spending time with me Like you promised?"

Taehyungs eyes widen before he gives me an apologetic look "Ah fuck I forgot...I'm so-" before he could apologize I raise a hand "Save your apologies. I've heard enough"

I take a sip of my coffee as I look at the counter.

"What's up with you lately?" I ask in a quiet voice. "You're working late. Later than usual, you're so short off with me, you're forgetful...I just can't place my finger on why"

Taehyung sighs. "I know I'm sorry baby. It's just work..I'm so stressed lately"

"Is it?" I ask now looking at him. "If work is making you stressed, you'd jump at every opportunity to get away from it and yet...you're still working. Even after you're at home"

"I'm sorry baby i-"

I cut him off with a hum. "I know. Work work work. I'm going to bed" I leave my cup on the counter and walk past Taehyung.

He then softly grips onto my wrist. "I'm really sorry baby...please let me make it up to you"

I pull my wrist out of his hold. "Just finish this case" and without muttering another word, I walk back upstairs and slip into bed.

I softly start crying. I had no idea why I was so emotional. Then again, I just missed being with Taehyung so much.

I could hear Taehyung entering our bedroom and into our bathroom.
I could hear the shower turn on and then the shower door open and close.

I continue to softly cry. And when Taehyung steps out of the bathroom, I quickly wipe my tears and hush my crying.

The bed slightly dips and I feel him climbing in next to me. And then his arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me flush against his.

He hugged me tightly and kissed the top of my head, muttering small apologies inbetween kisses.