Chapter 2: The Briefing

*Knock Knock*

"Come in."  A man said in a dark, serious voice.

The door would open, and a man in a gray suit stepped inside.

"The agent is here, sir." "He has been cleared from the records." The man in the suit said it in a professional but soft voice.

Agent 72 stood behind the man with his hands at ease, unsure of what was going on. He was just told to follow the man in the suit after he was approached by two armoured security guards and, of course, the man in the gray suit.
"Get it in here, please." The man with the dark voice said

Agent 72 stepped inside the office. It was filled with posters, branding, etc. Just ABB merchandise. At the end of the room stood the desk with the man with the dark voice sitting in a chair in the shadows, making it hard to see the man. The office did seem pretty dark. The lights were oddly dim.

"Take a seat, creature."

He nodded at the man and then sat down on the soft leather chair.

The man then turned on his desk light, which shone onto the man, making him visible. He was a bald man with a full beard and round glasses. It looked like a guy who really meant business.

"Greetings...  "I'm Leonard Douglas." The man said "So.  "You're the company's top agent, correct?"

"Yes..." Agent 72 replied.

"Well, you don't seem like a good operative with how unprofessional you look, but oh well, you'll do." Leonard said as Agent 72 became a bit pissed after he called him to be not a good operative.

"Anyway, you're here because, for some reason, the company wants you to do a very top-secret mission."

"Oh boy, here we go..." Agent 72 thought to himself.

Leonard then pulled out the file for the mission, which of course has the "Top Secret" text stamped onto the folder.

"The company will not tolerate failure." This is an important mission, which you cannot mess up. Understood?"  Lenoard said aggressively

The agent nodded suddenly, becoming a bit nervous.

"Good.  "Your mission is... to assassinate the CEO of the European Bean Company, Benedict O. Nixon." The man said

Agent 72 froze for a sec. Did he hear what Leonard just said?

The man then continued talking.

"According to the company, Benedict stole classified documents from our servers. The plan will be explained inside the folder. Got that?"

Agent 72 nodded.
"Alright, you may leave. The deployment will be in one week," Leonard said as he leaned back in his chair.

Agent 72 stood up from the chair and stepped out of the office with the folder in hand.

He will soon assassinate the CEO of the second-largest baked bean producer and competitor to ABB. Sure, it was crazy, but he had to.