"okay." i said getting up with zoltan but she called my name.

"messiah i wasn't done talking to you." she said and i stood in the doorway.

"what mama? what?"

"that tone in your voice? take it down, at the end of the day i'm your mother and i raised you."

"you mean you raised aj." i spat and her posture changed as she stared at me.

"what do you-"

"my dad left...you started acting different all he did when he was around was drink and sleep then he left before i could really have a good memory of him...when you had aj all of sudden she was the center of your life and i was a background character

oh aj was just the most perfect daughter anyone could want- and i was just there...you barely acknowledged me unless my grades were bad or the school called home. you took her side for any and everything but when it was me i had to fight my battles alone."

i said and i felt the tears of frustration as zoltan started whining,"aye aj!" i called out for her and she came from living room.

i could tell she felt the off energy but grabbed zoltan from me before my mom started talking.

"daesyn..i didn't know you felt like that- i love both of you equally."

"you had a way of showing it..." i said as my phone started ringing.

"hello?"

"why it sound like someone pissed you off?"

"bruh rose what you want?" i asked and aj hit my side and i mugged her.

"i was letting you know imma have baby shower next week."

"you can't text that shit?" i asked and she smacked her lips.

"i was gonna ask you to pick up some food i ordered cause i don't feel like leaving the house." she said and i rolled my eyes.

"ight lemme call you back." i said before hanging up and looked back at mom and aj.

"anything else you wanna tell me or say?" i asked honestly over the whole day at this point.

"you need to change your ways daesyn...you don't have to be like your father. ion wanna see you going down the wrong road..." she said getting up from her chair and walked away.

"ummm...i kinda overheard and is that how you really felt?" aj asked me and i nodded.

"yup, but it's coo now hell we older it don't matter." i said handing zoltan to her.

"it does daesyn, it can also be a main reason on why your acting the way you are...don't try to push it away like it's not serious. you ever thought about a therapist?" she asked and i shook my head no.

"i started going to one a month ago...i'm not saying do it but it could be a help." she said.

"i'll think about, i'll see y'all later tho." i said then kissed the top of zoltan head.

"mmm i'll text you." she said before heading out.

once the front door closed everything inside came out, all those years of holding shit in came out.

i felt the warm tears on my face, the more i wiped my face the more i cried.

i heard knocking on the door and just hoped whoever it was would go away.

"i know this nigga in here his damn car here." micah said and i shook my head as he started picking the lock.

"damn thugs..." i mumbled wiping my face and moved from my spot as he walked in wit d3 behind him.

"WE GOT WEE- you've been crying?" micah said pointing at me.

"nah i'm chilling."

"nigga that's a big ass tear on your cheek." d3 said and i rolled my eyes.

"i was but i'm coo." i said then remembered rose.

"fuck- i gotta take rose some food y'all wanna ride?"

"you setting him up one." micah said pointing at d3.

"micah get in my car hmm." i said handing him my keys and he eyed us before walking out.

"hope you ain't tryna beat my ass..."  he said and i shook my head.

"nah nah...i wanna apologize for how i've been acting...like towards you and storm's relationship...it was times i was being disrespectful and overstepping boundaries." i said and he looked me up and down before backing up.

"nigga you got cancer or sumn?" he asked and i smacked my lips.

"no man i'm tryna change myself and shit...i'm seeing how fucked i am..." i said rubbing my neck and he nodded.

"who you needa be apologizing to is storm...his ass still jumpy from when you hit him." he said and his eyebrows furrowed as he spoke.

"i know i know...bronx and cortez already got on my ass- literally my lip and ribs still healing." i said and he shook his head.

"ass learning lessons..i came by to check on ya i gotta get back to my people." he said before walking out and i followed behind him locking my door.

he went to his car and i got into mines wit micah,"can i tell you sumn?" micah asked and i side eyed him .

"i feel like zoltan gonna be your best looking kid, no shade...cause don't get me wrong memia and rose both bad but storm lowkey got ethereal features..and zoltan starting to get his skin tone. i thought he was gonna be a light bright like you and got scared. memia baby ain't gonna have no choice y'all both light- rose baby gotta 50/50." he said and i just stared at him.

"that was the most dumbest rant." i said shaking my head.