"blowing bennetts off"

Start from the beginning

"Alright everyone go warm up." Leo said trying to sound as authoritative as possible.

"It isn't 5:00 yet." Marcus said with a small smirk thinking he caught her.

"More like it's almost five and none of you seem prepared. On this team I expect everyone to be ready to start before the time practice is set. I hoped that one of you would be assertive enough to do so, but it appears I have to baby you all." Leo replied just as she practiced since she anticipated some attitude in return. "I will be starting at precisely 5. If you are not warmed up then that is on you. But I recommend being stretched out."

The younger players took off on their brooms right away, but the older ones appeared more stubborn. "Listen Malfoy. I don't know if you're aware of how this works, but the whole try out thing is just for show. We already have our team."

"You may have your team, but I do not have mine. Many of you are good fliers and I expect for you to continue in your position, however, I can not base my decision on your previous performances. All that matters to me is how you play today. So I expect you to give it your all." Leo stated, shocking herself at how confident she seemed.

"Malfoy, we all know you don't deserve this position. So why don't you stop pretending you do." Marcus' words were like venom on her skin.

"Flint. I do not recommend disrespecting your captain on your first day. It is not earning you any points." Leo turned away from him and grabbed her clipboard, black pen, whistle and stop watch. Finally she checked her phone one last time then sat it on the bench when she saw no text from Ares so she'd have no distractions. She needed to be flawless.

As soon as the clock turned five she blew her whistle and the group of Slytherins made their way over to her. "Hello everyone, I'm glad to see how many people came out, plenty of new faces in the crowd." Leo made eye contact with an excited Lily Potter, "I'm going to start off with a rundown of how this try out will go and my expectations. I'm going to split you into positions and start with just Chasers. You will be individually attempting to score on me. Then we will add two more Chasers and do the same. Then add 3 defensive Chasers. Next we'll include Beaters. After that will be purely Beaters. Finally we will have three sets of Seeker trials. First will be a straight time trial from point A to B. Then your classic free for all to catch the Snitch. And finally will be dodging Bludgers. Any questions about the schedule?"

"Traditionally Seekers are chosen by who catches the Snitch first." Marcus piped up with a snarky tone.

"That was not a question rather it was a statement. I expect clarity on this team. I ask again are there any questions." Leo looked at Marcus Flint, but he just bitterly shook his head. "As for my other expectations: I want a good team, not just good players. I do not care how skilled you are, if you do not fit, then you do not fit. Furthermore, no former players are safe, you will need to earn your spot. And finally, I am always willing to listen to any concerns or suggestions you have, but at the end of the day I am your captain and this is a dictatorship not a democracy. I will not tolerate disrespect. Do I make myself clear." The younger kids nodded obediently while the older ones rolled their eyes, "I need verbal confirmation- do I make myself clear?"

She heard a mix of excited and reluctant yes's but she would have to just take what she could get. "Chasers over there, Seekers there, Beaters there." Everyone quickly separated into their groups besides one lone boy. Leo suspected he was just a first year. As much as she wanted to be nice, she couldn't show weakness. "Do you not know the positions? Because if not then you have no place on my team."