35

Alana Smith

"wassup li man" Slim gently bounced Saint in his arms, walking around my delivery room.
He adored him. They all did.
"How's our new mom feeling?" one the nurses asks, walking in to check on me. I gave her a short smile, "Just in shock" I say to her, focused on Saint, trying my best to process the entirety of my labour. Sat next to me on the bed, Ma spoke on my behalf. "She's a tad bit overwhelmed" Mom says, taking hold of the conversation.

"It's normal to feel such way. Majority of new mothers go through these effects of postpartum. When I had my little girl...." I simply just faded away from that conversation. Everything was a blur but Slim with Saint. I was caught up in their interaction, I wish that was Sincere.

My eyes glossed after seeing Anthony wrap his finger around Saint's little one.

This feels so surreal.
"Can I hold him...please?" my voice called out, pausing everyone's conversations. Slim taking notice that I was referring to Saint, gets up and places my baby back into my arms.

"Hi, hey there big boy" I whispered gently, fixing his hat that's too big for his head. His brown eyes sparkled back into mines before letting out the cutest smile. "So cute! look at those dimples!" the nurse commented.

my heart stopped.
what
Pausing at her comment, my eyes travel my son's face confused trying to place the pieces of a puzzle together. Everyone hadn't caught on to the comment made by the nurse for they proceeded in their discussions.

I looked down at my son confused. How does he have dimples? I thought back to the night I conceived him. Sin hadn't came inside me at the club so how—omg

I thought for a second, "How common is pregnancy by pre cum?" I immediately threw the question roaming through my head into the open. The nurse raised her eyebrows, startled by it.

"Well I mean the chances are slim but not entirely impossible" she answers. I looked down back at Saint, "I don't get it baby, why you asking such a question?" my mom asks on behalf of everyone else, as they all shared a common look of confusion.

"I-I think he might be Sins....I wanna have him tested" I let out softly. The confusion on their faces grew stronger.

"But how? I thought Rio-
"I know, I know but it's likely for him to be Cere's, just trust me on that" I cut off Cae, defending my allegations. Eyes turned to my baby once again.

"I do see a resemblance Lans....talm bout heavy" Slim voiced before retrieving Saint from my arms again.

I gave the nurse a nod of confirmation. "Alright, I will arrange that for you but I'm going to need a DNA sample for the paternal test" she notified me.

I was expected to visit Sin next week so he could meet Saint. "Alright, could you give me the transportable kit? the person I wanna test is incarcerated" I told her, she nodded running off.

"Ain this some shit lil man, we really might be related" Slim commented, bouncing Saint softly once again.

The Next Week

"Just a second ma'am he'll be right out" the female guard assured me. I nodded in response and began taking a sleeping Saint out of his stroller. He was so big for a new born he took up so much space!