13

Alana

"Happy birthday ma"

My heart beat fastened, I looked at the ring stunned. "Sincere?" I called out before turning my head to see him live in flesh, looking fine as ever in his off white black top and black Amiri jeans. With a pair of Balenciaga track's on his feet. He was matching my colour fly.
He bent down to place his lips to my ear.
"Try it on mama, it's yours" shivers at my spine. I looked back at the ring, it was stunning and I know it put a dent in one of his savings.

I took the box from his palm and held it in my own, I shook my head. Glancing around, people were still occupied dancing, the music at its loudest. I got up, grabbing Sincere's hand and leading him with me through the crowd. I took him to a closed setting. We entered the disabled toilets and I locked the door. Turning around, I gulped, his eyes glued to my body. Roaming and analysing every curve it had. He licked his lips, "You look beautiful" my legs going weak. I held my stand, clearing my throat,
"Thank you, but....your gift, I can't accept it Sincere" I shook my head, holding out the box to him. He looked at my hand and reclaimed it.
He opened it and took the ring out, holding it up between his fingers. He stepped closer, backing me up against the door. He raised my hand and slid the ring on my finger. Once it was on, he held my hand in his, spreading my fingers to get a good look at it.

"This was supposed to make you mine forreal one day" he said lowly. I attempted to retrieve my hand away but he quickly pulled it back, "Naw, lemme get a good look at it mama". He was so focused on the ring, scrutinising how it looked on my finger. "It's beautiful....it really is, but you know I can't accept it Cere" I said, causing him to look up at me. He furrowed his eyebrows, "You're not even supposed to be here, what if Rio were to see you" his eyebrows caved in even further.
"Your nigga ain't gon do shit. We know dat" he said sternly. I sighed, going silent.
I looked back at the ring, smiling slightly,
It was a nice gesture from him though
"Yea get used to it, cus you're keepin it" He smiled cheekily, stretching his arms out on the door, trapping me between them.
"I never agreed, so don't get your hopes up"
I rolled my eyes, smiling back at him.
"Your smile pretty" he said lightly, causing my cheeks to heat up. I tilted my head up, trying to hide the massive smile on my face. He stood up straight, towering over me, looking down at my tilted face. "Eyes pretty...lips pretty....face gorgeous, tell your parents I preciate it" he said, earning a laugh out of me. "You so stupid I swear" I said up at him. He smiled, his eyes shining bright down on me. "I mean dat, they did a good job. We could do the same but you playin" he swiped his tongue over his bottom lip. "No one's playing Karim, we've both moved on" I said, causing his face to go mush up. "We? Nah I'm still in luh wit yo ass" he said, causing my smile to decrease.

I realise where this is going

I cleared my throat, "Um..I think we should head back...ya know, birthday girl can't be gone for too long" I chuckled a little, avoiding his contact.
"Why you always do dat man" he groaned, backing up from me. I looked at him confused. "I'm not doing anything" I objected, folding my arms. He chuckled in disbelief, "Yea aight...look I'm finna leave, enjoy the rest of your night" his demeanour going cold. He reached for the doorknob but my hand stopped him from twisting it.

It was a moment of silence before I pulled him in, hugging him. He held me tight in his embrace. A lot emotions giving off. I didn't wanna let go. I was on my tippy toes, with my arms wrapped around his neck. His face rested in the crook of neck and his arms around my waist. He didn't wanna let go either. He picked me up and spun me around, earning a small shriek outta me.