Chapter 11

‘Not a clue! He’s probably gone off to tend to his wounds somewhere. You do know I’m not pissed about my brother, I don’t give a rats arse about Luke, but I do care that you don’t seem to want to tell me the truth about anything. You should’ve told me about you and Ellie’s hubby to be.’

She felt someone brush past her shoulder, and caught a fleeting glance of Luke headed up towards Ellie and Mikey.

Oh my God, he’s going to tell Ellie!

All of a sudden, the music came to a stop and Luke tapped on his glass. All eyes were on him, as he cleared his throat.

Emily felt her mouth dry up, and with every swallow it felt like she had sandpaper in her throat.

‘Hi everyone, Ellie asked me to do a little speech tonight, since the resident Golden Boy is back from Sin City.’ The frat brothers cheered and raised their glasses. ‘I’ve known Michael all my life, he’s my big brother, and that’s why I know Ellie is perfect for him. Here’s to the wedding of the year. Raise your glasses to Mikey and Ells Bells!’

He finished his speech and suddenly parched, she headed to the bar, wanting a double shot of anything so long as it was strong, alcoholic and liable to help her forget her little meeting with Mr Dual Identity. Not to mention his brother, who had somehow learned of her indiscretion. Perhaps Saul had tipped him off, a little tactic to bring her back to his arms. At the moment, he and Sophia were on the dance floor giving dirty dancing a whole new meaning. She wondered whether hurling a condom at his head would be appropriate given the way they were dancing. As she caught his eye, she turned, headed back into the VIP space for some thinking room.

Saul followed her and as she collapsed into a booth, he sat opposite her, his eyes flitting every now and again to the bar.

‘You worried Sophia will see?’ she asked, raising an eyebrow.

‘What’s your decision?’ he wondered, leaning forward. ‘Because I need to know if there’s any reason for me to head back to Sophia’s room tonight.’

The audacity.

The bare faced cheek.