¢hptr 29 : 𝘔𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦

Start from the beginning

"...bye?" Kageyama said at their retreating figures and then turned to go back home on his own.

After Hitoka gave Hinata's book back she asked them if they had a minute. She confided about her insecurities about appearing insincere to the hardworking and passionate team.

Hinata in turn listed all the mistakes he made, hitting Kageyama with a serve behind his head, the vomiting and principal's wig.

"And I fought several times with Tsukishima and caused tons of problems because of my personal issues, and lied to them several times about several things, stole the coach's eye mask, and got lost on a jog making them search for and find me, but I'm still here too. I even left for Tokyo without telling them!" Nanami said brightly, "and until recently I never touched the volleyball once but still did my job as manager. I did waaay more than Hinata."

"Now that you list them it really sounds long" Hinata said, "oh right I got lost that time too!"

"Would you really say you guys were fine, then?" Hitoka questioned.

"But you want to do this, right, Yachi-san?"

"y-yes"

"then you totally should!"

"Right." She sulked.

"Is what your mom said bothering you?"

"uh, um, no... it's just that, um..."

"Then why don't you tell her?" Hinata asked with his straight forward simpleton mind.

'He's scary at times like this, really like a monster.' Nanami thought.

Hitoka froze as if prickly at the thought itself.

But Nanami still agreed with him. The next moment the three were running to the station, dragging a startle hitoka along.

She stopped, panting, "wait."

"You gotta speak up and be more honest Hika-chan."

"Yachi-san, at this rate, you can't move forward. If you want to do this, you need to tell her."

Hitoka stood up straight and nodded, "yeah... I have to say it."

However as they ran Nanami couldn't keep up and told them to go on ahead at the entrance to the station. She couldn't stress her foot too much. By the time she arrived at her own pace, hoping she wasn't lost again, she heard Hitoka's voice in full force and her mom completely shocked.

"I-I see... do your best."

"I will! What do you want to do for dinner!?"

"I'll eat at home." She said holding up a perfect sign.

Hitoka saluted, "Roger!"

Nanami chuckled, seems like it wasn't all that toxic actually. Guess some parents just give off that impression.

Hitoka turned to them brightly in accomplishment. Nanami grinned lifting her hands in high five, "Hika-chan's awesome!" Hitoka jumped over to return it energetically. Hinata gave a thumbs up with a grin too.

She smiled back, over the moon.

"All right! Two managers and an assistant coach who was a former national! We're like champions!" Hinata turned around and cheered.

"And we're going to Tokyo!" Nanami shouted jumping to hug her.

Nanami noticed Yachi-san's assistant exclaimed at her crying and her asking for a tissue.

Then Hitoka asked the two for a favor.

◂◊◎◊▸

"Oh, by the way Nami, we're going to Fukurodani for the training camp. You can also meet some of your friends there and maybe your mom after practice."